Starting a new video game idea almost done with the designs of the characters and just starting the story board. I need video game developers, animators etc. And of course at the end I need voice actors.
Does anybody know where to find:
Video game publisher
Video game developer
3D Animator
ETC.
Please respond to help me with my video game idea!
Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Google has plenty of those.

Google has plenty of those.

I tryed Google they don't have the ones that are closer to where I live I need ones that live in Florida.

where u from actually...............

where u from actually...............

I live in the Bahamas.

If it's necessary to find developers in Florida, the only other suggestion I can give is to look for students from Full Sail, which is up in Orlando, but many may not have the time because they have a pretty grueling schedule. Your only recourse may be to find several developers around the states or world that would be interested in helping you put your game idea into action and just deal with having a widespread team.

Also, for the publisher, you're going to have a very hard time finding one that will agree to publish the game with just an idea in your head. You'll need to develop the game to a nice and polished state (doesn't need to be exactly complete) then take it to an indie game publishing house, like Big Fish Games, and even that may prove to be difficult. No one like Activision or EA is likely to give you the time of day unless you're a proven developer, seeing as how game ideas truly are a dime a dozen.

If it's necessary to find developers in Florida, the only other suggestion I can give is to look for students from Full Sail, which is up in Orlando, but many may not have the time because they have a pretty grueling schedule. Your only recourse may be to find several developers around the states or world that would be interested in helping you put your game idea into action and just deal with having a widespread team.

Also, for the publisher, you're going to have a very hard time finding one that will agree to publish the game with just an idea in your head. You'll need to develop the game to a nice and polished state (doesn't need to be exactly complete) then take it to an indie game publishing house, like Big Fish Games, and even that may prove to be difficult. No one like Activision or EA is likely to give you the time of day unless you're a proven developer, seeing as how game ideas truly are a dime a dozen.

Ah, I see. Yeah their schedules would be pretty packed. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I'd also add that asking for people to code the project and do voice acting, merely adding an 'etc' to the end makes your prospects for doing most of the legwork look very slim (which would be reasonable for anyone helping you to expect).

If you're serious about getting people to help you, you should draft out very clearly what roles you'd require people to do. I'd also suggest, give examples of previous work you've completed. Every single gamer out there has come up with a whole array of ideas for what could be the next big thing but very VERY few actually end up following through with what they want to achieve.

Without having shown any leg work whatsoever, showing upto a new forum asking for ambiguous help will get you nowhere. You need to persuade people that your idea is better then their own...afterall, if you were experienced and given the choice, would you rather create your own game or jump into create someonelses for what seems like less rewards?

Enthusiasm is nearly always commendable but you'll have to give more then this to persuade anyone who will be worth anything to your cause...

Sorry to be the devils advocate. :(

I'd also add that asking for people to code the project and do voice acting, merely adding an 'etc' to the end makes your prospects for doing most of the legwork look very slim (which would be reasonable for anyone helping you to expect).

If you're serious about getting people to help you, you should draft out very clearly what roles you'd require people to do. I'd also suggest, give examples of previous work you've completed. Every single gamer out there has come up with a whole array of ideas for what could be the next big thing but very VERY few actually end up following through with what they want to achieve.

Without having shown any leg work whatsoever, showing upto a new forum asking for ambiguous help will get you nowhere. You need to persuade people that your idea is better then their own...afterall, if you were experienced and given the choice, would you rather create your own game or jump into create someonelses for what seems like less rewards?

Enthusiasm is nearly always commendable but you'll have to give more then this to persuade anyone who will be worth anything to your cause...

Sorry to be the devils advocate. :(

Well, what should I do? Post a new thread all about the video game and the people I need? Or do something else?

Well, what should I do? Post a new thread all about the video game and the people I need? Or do something else?

I'd say draw up a professionally documented business plan for what tasks you'd need people to do and what you'd be doing yourself. Don't get me wrong, if you write a huge list, no-one is going to read it but there has to be some kind of balance. There are too many people saying 'I need someone to code my game idea' without having an understanding of exactly how many hours would be required to do so and frankly, without the knowledge or expertise to enable those joining them to fulfill their ultimate goal.

The question you should ask yourself is, if you'd been coding/animating for years and perhaps have some free time, why would YOU choose to join your described venture. Don't think about it in terms of what ideas you have in your head, think instead about what you've presented to this forum...

If you got a great game protect your idea, I'm sure the advise prior was through personal experience possibly. And I'm sure all true, But too negative for me go for it. Good Luck!

If you got a great game protect your idea, I'm sure the advise prior was through personal experience possibly. And I'm sure all true, But too negative for me go for it. Good Luck!

I'm far from saying don't go for it, in fact, quite the opposite; this industry needs a fresh injection of ideas. I'm merely pointing out the lack of possibility of decent quality help when posting in this manner and offering an alternative view.

From what I gathered from extensive reading about game-dev is be clear, a game idea is not something someone would want to put time into if it isn't strengthened with a good plan on how you're going to make that idea a reality.

Tell us about you're idea, and maybe someone that finds it enjoyable enough to work on something they'd want to work on. Also try googling : Game development planning.

I recommend going to the site of world of goo's game and reading about how the started world of goo, Also go to gamedev.net it has some pretty helpful articles.

The point is that anyone can think up a game, it takes those with a will to make their idea a reality to actually make something worth playing(Or alot of money)

Don't be discouraged though, maybe you can make a prototype of the game yuorself(Assuming you can programm).

It's not about negativity, it's about reality. The gaming industry is a very difficult one to thrive in unless you have the talent to back up everything you want to do. This is why just having a cool idea for a game is going to do next to nothing for anyone. The person with the idea needs to have one of the skills necessary to build the game, whether it be business sense, game design (not game idea think tanking), programming, etc... Like I said, game ideas are a dime a dozen, but you're going to need something else to back it up if you want to put a team together. The only way most people are going to do all the work on something that isn't their idea is if their getting paid for it.

commented: I tottally agree, but nobody knew better when they started out +0

Or if you're really charismatic.

Member Avatar for embooglement

There are two other important things you need to post, which are the platform of the game, and some basic information about the game.

I'm a game programmer, but almost all of my experience is with DirectX, so if you were going for a cross platform project using OpenGL, I'd be useless. But reading your initial post, I have no idea if I'd fit the programmer role.

And so far as the game idea goes, you certainly don't have to reveal all of the information about it, but you do need something. Is it a first person shooter? Is it a top down strategy game? Different programmers have different strengths, and knowing a little about what you'd be doing helps when deciding to apply for a job.

And as far as publishing goes, you should assume you'll be self publishing. The one route you might try is entering any of the several game design contests that are held, and if you win you might be able to get some credibility to back a publishing deal.

Also if this is your first project, I would highly recommend scaling it back, and keeping it simple, just to get the design aspect of it down. 2D graphics, no voice acting, linear story, if there's a story at all.

If you have the money to pay for all of those positions you require to complete your game.. you might as well start your own company. Anywho.. you are not looking for a "game developer..." but a game programmer.. Depending on what you're willing to pay.. I may be able to help you in the programming department. As far as animators go.. you can post a job on monster.com.. stating the salary you're willing to pay one to work on this project for you. If you'd like.. email my username here on daniweb with details on how you plan on paying these people who will be working on your game project (if you plan on paying them at all).

Lastly.. you may want to google search: animator for hire, game programmer for hire.. etc.. Knowing the exact job title names that you are looking for is all you really need to be able to recruit a team for this project.

There is no point in pouring all your ideas out onto this forum, where I am sure there are many qualified and capable people who will use the idea for themselves. You should do what was said above, try to get your idea as polished as you can. Be that with just yourself, or having friends help you or whatever. You cannot expect a company to just pick up your idea, it needs to be done professionally. You will need to put in a lot of hours before you can expect to get noticed.

And if that all fails, Just get a loan, make your own business and try to compete. :D

there are so many ways you can choose to finish your task

1. http://www.gamedev.net/

2. search engine like Google.com

3. just like you, go to forum to find help.

Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.