Is there a way to enter a pause state between commands running?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

if u have 2 commands and want the 2nd command to run after a certain interval of time, u can use the timer control.

During design time; set its interval property to ur required time of pause (in milliseconds), set Enable property to false

Now for the coding part, after the 1st command statement just Enable the timer. In the Timer() event of the timer, write the 2nd Command followed by Timer1.Enabled = False for the Timer control.

I assume that u have two command buttons and one timer control on your form. When the first command button is clicked it executes the statements and in the last statement of this event, the timer control is enabled. Once the timer control is enabled the counting starts and after an interval of 5000 ms the Timer() event is fired. There the call for the second command button click event is placed. After the execution of which the timer control is disabled.

If u dont disable the Timer control after the call for the Command2 click event, then Timer() event it is fired again and again for every 5000 ms.

Eg:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Timer1.Interval = 5000 'for 5 seconds
    Timer1.Enabled = False
End Sub

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    'Write your code for the first command
    Timer1.Enabled = True
End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    Call Command2_Click
    Timer1.Enabled = False
End Sub

Private Sub Command2_Click()
    'Write your code for the Second Command
End Sub

Hi,

use SLEEP API

Declare this at the top of the Form's Code window (After Option Explicit)

Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)

'To Pause/Sleep for 10 seconds, write this code:
Sleep(10000)

Regards
Veena

Thanks will try both

Should have explained what I was doing better.

Am running an update system over network to 2 remote TabletPC (when they get connected) been trying to show what was going on, what stage was getting worked on and completed.

I just put in a open dialog/form box for doing a refresh on other window then closing it and continuing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.