How do I add an animated picture to the Splash screen in vb.net 2008 my picture is .gif and when i setup the form's backgraound the picture dosent move.
hepl me pls

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

I Don't Know About it. Please Tell Me Some Hints.

Dnt set it as background instead use picturebox it will animate.

Still waiting for help because this code does not solve the problem

can u give more details on your problem? I tried it first and then posted the answer and ya it will not animate in design time but will animate in runtime only. Hope this helps u.

in runtime the splash screen not animate look like normal picture

Put a pictureBox on the form, and put gif animation inside of it.

Check this out, it works. and I didnt get any good gif so ignore the fairy :D

I thank everyone who helped me have succeeded last method actually
But there is another problem, how can I make my period, which show Sblash screen. More time

use timer control by dragging it on your form. Then set its interval to desired time in miliseconds i.e. 1000= 1second
then in its tick event write the following code

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
    Form1.Show()
    Me.Hide()
    Timer1.Enabled = False
End Sub

hey sorry guys for above post, even I need some help
as u can see I have used Me.hide()
but If I use Me.Close() all the process gets close

So can anybody please correct the above post????

i was use timer control by dragging it on my splash screen form. and i set its interval to desired time in miliseconds i.e. 4000
in the event i Doubled Click on the timer and write the cod,but i get this error
Cross-thread operation not valid: Control 'SplashScreen' accessed from a thread other than the thread it was created on."

oops sorry drag than timer control on splash screen
and write all that code there

this what i do but not coma

Try this updated project

Thank you very much for the help and the effort was my problem lies in the size of the image itself has been a very largeر

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.