How do I add an animated picture to the Splash screen in vb.net 2008 my picture is .gif and when i setup the form's backgraound the picture dosent move.
hepl me pls

Dnt set it as background instead use picturebox it will animate.

can u give more details on your problem? I tried it first and then posted the answer and ya it will not animate in design time but will animate in runtime only. Hope this helps u.

I thank everyone who helped me have succeeded last method actually
But there is another problem, how can I make my period, which show Sblash screen. More time

use timer control by dragging it on your form. Then set its interval to desired time in miliseconds i.e. 1000= 1second
then in its tick event write the following code

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
    Form1.Show()
    Me.Hide()
    Timer1.Enabled = False
End Sub

hey sorry guys for above post, even I need some help
as u can see I have used Me.hide()
but If I use Me.Close() all the process gets close

So can anybody please correct the above post????

i was use timer control by dragging it on my splash screen form. and i set its interval to desired time in miliseconds i.e. 4000
in the event i Doubled Click on the timer and write the cod,but i get this error
Cross-thread operation not valid: Control 'SplashScreen' accessed from a thread other than the thread it was created on."

oops sorry drag than timer control on splash screen
and write all that code there

Edited 4 Years Ago by Sahil89

Thank you very much for the help and the effort was my problem lies in the size of the image itself has been a very largeر

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.