I'm having a very annoying problem that I can't seem to find an answer to.
I have a rather simple web app that basically retrieves some data from a database. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Pro. I've developed the app and deployed it to my web server and it works fine. I've been requested to make a slight change to it which means changing some of the VB code behind.
I've done the changes in Visual Studio and when I test it on Visual Studio it works fine and my changes are there and working. I've then built and published the project again to generate updated DLL files and aspx files. I've then deployed those on to the web server and restart the web site and IIS. Yet when I browse to the site it still works fine but my changes are not reflected. This is what I have tried to fix the problem.
Deleted all ASP.Net temporary files
IISReset - quite a few times
stopped and started the website
deleted the whole directory containing the web app files on the web server and recreated it with all new files from my machine which runs visual studio
Stopped and started the application pool associated with my web site
I've done all of the above yet nothing seems to have resolved the problem. What I do know is that I can probably delete the web site and re-create the entire site and app pool in IIS and that should solve the problem but surely I should not have to do that every time I updated the app!
If anyone has an answer to this I would be very grateful as this problem is driving me mad!