hi,

i m novice to asp.i m using one stored procedure in sql server2000 which is using cursor.this is doing the following things

1) select the peticlur records from one table
2) insert the record in another table relavant to retireved ID
3) select the second table values

i m binding this code into asp page.

but it always gives a recordset error"ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0E78):Operation is not allowed when the object is closed." becos it is contianing multiple tables(select statements).i have already chekde that recordset is just not closed and it is assiging the value.

my code is as follows:

set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command") cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_conn_STRING cmd.CommandType=adCmdStoredProc cmd.CommandText = "usp_IPA_Get_Top_Five_Picks" cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("cat_id",adInteger,adParamInput,4,argcat_id) cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("cat_type",adChar,adParamInput,1,argcat_type) cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("event_id",adChar,adParamInput,2,argevent_id)
set rs = cmd.Execute

Same things i can do if i do upto first two steps by executing procedure and then directly select the table from view as another recordset.

tell me as i have multiple data tables then how to get perticular table from recordset(for example in asp.net i can take dataset.datatables(0) similarly how to do here?)

thnx.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.