I have a web application that works fine on the web but not on my local server copy.
the connection string on the web is
cn.open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("database/TaskMan_MSAccess.mdb")

When i run a copy locally, it reads the access database but does not allow to update the data.
The IIS virtual directory was created as standard and has write permissions to all folders and files.
The reason for me to do this is I wont to set-up a debug copy of the application (ASP1.0)
Is their free software to design ASP software and test it locally in debug step-through environment.
I am an Access programmer.
Thanks.

As far as I remember you need to set write permissions on the database directory specifically as well. Not just on the virtual dir but on the actual folder.

Depending on your server OS and user account config you may only need to "share" the folder and set write permissions. If you must specify which user(s) has the permission it most likely is the "IUSR" account...display name is smth like "IUSR_" followed by the computer name.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.