Hi,

i want to upload a video file (mpeg, mpg, wmv) and wanted to display the first frame of the video as a thumbnail. so video will start to play in a enlarged mode when user clicks the thumbnail view of the video like the google videos. is it possible in php to capture the first frame of the video file and save it as a thumbnail picture ?. or do i need to capture through other software and upload the picture and the movie file ?... if there is a possible way to capture the first frame in php that would be better.

Any suggestions ?? anyone please advice !!

Thanks in Advance

~J

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

PHPFreaks is more better... i got immediate responce for this thread...... :(.... daniweb Looks good ... but ... not THAT active :(

I'd love to snap my fingers and get every tech problem solved but the reality is that I can't. Learn some patience or don't complain.

PHPFreaks is more better... i got immediate responce for this thread...... :(.... daniweb Looks good ... but ... not THAT active :(

*Off Topic*
It doesn't mean that if you get no response, means people aren't active. You're not the only one that needs help and have you considered maybe that nobody may have knowledge of what you need or maybe the one's that do have other things to do as well. Besides, there are other ways to solve your problem like researching for information yourself. So stop being a baby and grow up.

*On Topic*
Sorry I do not have any idea on what you need. You happy now?

Hi Jaikar,

Iam a newbie in PHP. Sorry to say this, but seems like you are blaming the people who are helping you, by giving their precious time.

If people were not active, they couldn't have given their time to look for the forums everyday. Please do have patients if you need help.

Above all, never point the fingure on someone when you can't see your own back... If you need quick response then don't come to the forums. Do a search on the net.

Best of Luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.