Lmao, I just had a post voted down (I'm guessing) because it wasn't right as far as the code went. That's fine with me but a post that was "more correct" didn't get a vote up. Finicky people on forums. Anyways, it's my first since joining 10 months ago.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

LoL, that's incredible. I know it happens and it doesn't bother me to have a vote down, it just blows my mind that people will do that type of thing on a help forum.

Jelousy, boredom and just plain trolling are the most likely reasons for such a thing to happen. It is to be expected on such a large forum, however I agree with you that it isn't right.

if you claim to give people an answer to their question and it's the wrong one, someone will downvote it to indicate as such.
Get used to it.

At least it's better than getting downvoted because someone doesn't share your opinion on something, without any factual data to counter your argument.

At least it's better than getting downvoted because someone doesn't share your opinion on something, without any factual data to counter your argument.

which happens quite a lot, in which is not the worst reason people use to downvote. if you downvote someone, and explain in comment why, if it's a rancunous person, chances are your last 50 posts 'll soon be downvoted. (In my case, it were a lot more then 50 :/ )

I don't mind downvoters either. Most of the time they are probably correct.
What I hate is that I don't know the downvoter and more important that I don't know the reason for the downvote. If I at least would have a reason, I could learn from it and improve myself.
Name and certainly reason should be two obligatory things to fill in before every downvote.

yup ... 's the most frustrating part. the up- or downvoting should give you a hint about the quality of your post. upvote, well, 'nough said, I guess. they thought it to be a valuable addition to the topic.
downvote without reason, be it in a comment or a reply, .... either they're too childish to be allowed to use such 'advanced features' as voting, or they know something you don't, yet they don't bother to mention that to you.
crappy way to "learn" :)

Lmao, I've since gotten a down vote in this thread. That'll learn me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.