What do you suppose the odds are that Trump/GOP will try to use Covid 19 as an excuse to delay or cancel the 2020 elections this November?

Medical supply vendors have been told to NOT send supplies to Michigan. Trump had recently been on Fox telling Sean Hannity that Michigan's governor, Gretchen Whitmer, had been "insufficiently grateful" for his assistance. During the session Trump also added "I love the people of Michigan."

Trump has a hissy fit and innocent people die. Why is this piece of filth still president?

RE: Allocation of Covid-19 resources...

“He calls all the governors,” Trump said. “I tell him, I mean, I’m a different type of person. I say Mike, don’t call the governor of Washington, you’re wasting your time with him. Don’t call the woman in Michigan.”

“If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call,” Trump said.

Translation - That's a nice state you have there. Be a shame of something were to happen to it.

Trump is now openly running the country's largest protection racket.

commented: 5 dollar a barrel oil from Canada? +0

The U.S. Treasury Department has ordered President Donald Trump’s name to be printed on checks the Internal Revenue Service is planning to send to tens of millions of Americans, a decision that will slow their delivery by several days, the Washington Post reported on Tuesday.

"The Post said the decision to include Trump’s name was announced to the IRS information technology team on Tuesday.

“The team, working from home, is now racing to implement a programming change that two senior officials said will likely lead to a delay in issuing the first batch of paper checks,” it said.

The Republican Trump is seeking re-election in November."

The White House is also allowing banks and creditors to seize the $1200 relief cheques if those receiving them have any outstanding debts. So not only is the vast majority of the billions going to "those that got", they've also managed to funnel most of the relief money into the hands of "those that got". Any excuse to rob the public purse before they (hopefully) get their sorry asses tossed in November.

I'm sure that if the Dems sweep the House &Senate (and White House) we will hear the GOP screaming that "it's time to look forward, not back" and "what's done is done".

I presume you heard what happened in Wisconsin? A 10-year seat on the state supreme court opened up and the GOP forced an election at the height of the pandemic figuring that

1. Democrats would be too afraid to go to the polls to vote
  2. Republicans would be too stupid not to

In spite of all efforts to

1. Close numerous polling stations
  2. Disenfranchise Democrats
  3. Restrict mail-in absentee voting
  4. Gerrymander districts

The GOP candidate still lost by a 10% margin. Now I'm waiting to see how the GOP manages to rule the election invalid. Incidentally, the GOP still retains a one vote majority on the state supreme court but the writing is on the wall.

commented: As to the voting, the current destruction of the US Mail is underway, BIG TIME. +0

The CARES Act. 1.7 Million Dollars for who?

While wealthy Americans are not eligible for the comparatively measly $1,200 stimulus checks that are now being disbursed to many Americans, they are on pace to do even better. 43,000 taxpayers, who earn more than $1 million annually, are each set to receive a $1.7 million windfall, on average, thanks to a provision buried in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.

Agreed

What if 9/11 was going to happen every day for the foreseeable future?

The last 2 days have seen over 2,000 COVID deaths in the USA. That's a 9/11 every day.
Sources vary on the 2,000 number. Some less, some have more:
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/us-logs-almost-2000-new-covid-19-deaths-deadliest-day-yet

Our current POTUS's reaction? "It is what it is."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/04/politics/trump-covid-death-toll-is-what-it-is/index.html

Looting the state with almost total impunity. Increasingly, the corruption has come to seem not like an aberration, a flaw in the system, but rather the system itself.

From the BBC. No, the article wasn't about the US but right now, I feel it could be.

There have been reports of a mutated covid-19 that is 10 times more deadly. My older son is currently in Split, Croatia at MedILS working with a researcher who is also on the Croatia task force. So far reports like this haven't borne out and are usually click bait. In almost all cases mutations are less virulent than the parent strain.

In 2000, The New York Times published an article by David Barstow and Somini Sengupta. It stated...

"The president of Florida’s Senate said today that Gov. Jeb Bush had indicated his willingness to sign special legislation intended to award Florida’s 25 Electoral College votes to his brother Gov. George W. Bush of Texas even as the election results were being contested".

The leader of Florida’s House Democrats in 2000, Representative Lois Frankel, told the Times, "He’s saying, 'If my brother [loses], boys, go ahead and we'll get him elected another way.'"

Source

A number of states are still lacking legislation requiring that Electoral College votes be cast for the candidate getting the most votes in that state. However, several states have passed legislation that states that the candidate receiving the highest vote nationwide automatically gets that state's Electoral College votes. If enough states pass this legislation it would effectively do away with the Electoral College without requiring a constitutional amendment.

commented: DJT and company working hard to throw doubt on the election and process. +0

I think he just want to demotivate Biden voters to the point where they will say "F**k it. He's just going to steal the election so what's the point in voting?"

commented: I'm hoping his followers take his advice and vote twice. (Mail in and in person!) +0

Knowing Trump he'd just say, "See, I told you there was fraud", then invalidate the election.

October 1, 2020. Trump and others test positive for COVID-19.

Trump says Ohio COVID-19 campaign rally “hardly affects anyone,” but the elderly

• Trump, September 22, 2020

I don't recall. Did he and Biden shake hands before the debate?

<edit>
Just read that they did not shake hands.

Hmmmm. If Trump and Pence both get it and can't fulfill their duties then Nancy Pelosi would become acting president for the duration.
</edit>

If he has to quarantine for 14 days he'd have to skip the next debate. Suspicious? Especially so since the debate committee has ruled that the moderator will have the right to mute microphones to keep the debates orderly. That pretty much robs Trump of his only weapon.

commented: There's also lies, damn lies and whatever is more than a lie. Then again, he could be lying about being infected. +0

Pumpkin Hitler has been given a single 8 gram dose of Regeneron's polyclonal antibody cocktail, zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin, and a daily aspirin.

But apparently no hydroxychloroquine, bleach or internal UV.

Canadian: It's like living next to a neighbor that the car alarm is also going.
US citizen: We're locked inside the car.

Despite any personal or political differences, we should all endeavor to show the Trump family the same amount of sympathy and respect that they showed the McCain family.

• Middle Age Riot - Twitter

...slain; slain, after all man’s devices had failed, by the humblest things that God, in his wisdom, has put upon this earth.

• H. G. Wells - The War of the Worlds

Consider Herman Cain's COVID-19 timeline:
@TimOBrien
"A humbling Herman Cain/coronavirus timeline:

6/24: Attends Trump rally, maskless
7/2: Tests positive for Covid-19
7/10: Says he’s improving
7/15: Says his doctors seem happy
7/27: Says he’s really getting better
7/30: Dies"

Sadly Herman Cain did not get VIP Treatment.

Canadians: Our neighbor's car alarm has been on for 4 years.
Americans: We're in that car.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.