"You do not have permission to create tags, only use the one's provided."

...Thanks, just wasted time typing them in to the box provided under this window for doing just that and was denied.

Annoyed.

jephthah commented: lulz +0

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

That's cool man, check the cool tags now!

You misunderstood this entire thing. It's not even about not being able to tag. (you noob)

look who the n00bie calls a n00b, and it can't even spell n00b correctly, the n00b.

We can create all the tags we want, hehehe

commented: aha +0
Member Avatar for diafol

Don't you just loves these guys? How can DW survive without them? bwalln - you are priceless.

threads like this bring the lulz and keep me coming back. :)

i didn't know n00bs couldn't create tags... what's the threshold? and why don't we have the same thing for Code Snippets?

Actually, what I really want to see is some kind of minimum/threshold for allowing signature links.

commented: I want the minimum threshold for being allowed to post to be set to 10 posts (that should keep most of the dolts out) +0

OK, enough of the new member baiting please.

The 'noob' tags have been now been removed, and I would ask everyone to bear in mind that they were all new members here once upon a time.

so.... are new users not allowed to create tags?

Yes, there is a certain limit imposed by the system when it comes to adding/editing tags. Read all about it here.

OK, enough of the new member baiting please.

The 'noob' tags have been now been removed, and I would ask everyone to bear in mind that they were all new members here once upon a time.

What you calling 'baiting' I call a harmless joke. If this is considered 'baiting' then I think you should remove a lot more posts all over the site. It isn't a big deal, just saying. Also consider how the OP fired right back and I took it in stride. But I can see that you haven't bothered to edit his comment, just mine.

What you calling 'baiting' I call a harmless joke. If this is considered 'baiting' then I think you should remove a lot more posts all over the site. It isn't a big deal, just saying. Also consider how the OP fired right back and I took it in stride. But I can see that you haven't bothered to edit his comment, just mine.

stfu noob.

What you calling 'baiting' I call a harmless joke... But I can see that you haven't bothered to edit his comment, just mine.

I didn't edit your post, I removed the tags that had been attached to this thread.

I wasn't referring to your post in isolation, but to the tone of the thread as a whole which had quickly become less harmless joke and more bash the new guy.

And it's not just me who thought this, Dani reported the thread using the flag bad post tool for the very same reason!

Member Avatar for diafol

>And it's not just me who thought this, Dani reported the thread using the flag bad post tool for the very same reason!

Tell us who it was. Go on, tell us, tell us, tell us. We'll get them as well.

Aw-ooooo. The pack's back together.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.