Before you ask, this is after completely clearing the cache and all history.

I am now posting in Firefox because the response in Chrome is essentially unworkable. Going from page to page or making a post generally results in a timeout (This site cannot be reached. Daniweb took too long to respond). I submit a post, get a timeout, then when I check in Firefox the new post is not there. This was not a problem before the rollout of the new code.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

How long has the problem been going on? Just today, or for the past week?

I'm still ironing out a LOT of issues, and fixing things, so it's also possible you caught me just as I was rolling something out.

Testing here in Version 51.0.2704.103 m (64-bit) (update pending), W10 64 bit with three addons (Web Of Trust, Adblock+, Woot Watcher.)

Will post and let Chrome update and be back soon.

OK, Chrome updated, relaunched and now at Version 51.0.2704.106 m (64-bit) and testing again in a reply.

My launch reply executed with split second respond times so here I have little to report. Now with new version and will edit to add the result.

Edit for post result. Very fast. Too fast to measure times. Annoying yup. Now let's test that issue with the edit update speed.

Edit for edit speed. Whatever was going on wiht edit's Save Changes has been fixed from my view. It was lightning quick.

How long has the problem been going on? Just today, or for the past week?

Several days now. I'm going to hold off on updating Chrome. I'm at the cottage but I have to head home in a few days for more diagnostic tests (CT scans, bone marrow biopsy, etc.)

Hi Jim,

I've noticed you've posted a bit yesterday/today. Are things working better for you now?

Testing from my oldest laptop. It's a 2006 Dell Inspiron e1505 w/ CoreDuo 1GB RAM, 120GB SSD (35 bucks!) and Windows 10 32bit Pro.

Let's check the Chrome version: Version 51.0.2704.106 m
No addins.

Submitting and will edit with results.
(Result) Very fast. Under half a second. Be right back with the edit result.
Edit result? What will it take to go slow today? This old slug of a laptop did show any delay over my monster laptop.

Thought I'd give it a go and let you hear from a noob about the speed of Chrome with this forum .
It's blazing fast here . Much faster here than on other forums / sites I go to actually .
Chrome Version 51.0.2704.106 m
Home built Win 10 desktop .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.