I am again having troubles with some of the same things:

- The tooltips are appearing fast enough to be pesky when I move the mouse to an item. They seem about 3 times as fast as they used to be last week.

- I am again losing the text-insertion point cursor in the Quick Reply box.

- There is an annoying +BOOKMARK box at the bottom of this post which expands instantly when I pass over it, without waiting any period of time. Half of the time, it stays expanded. Why can't this be an item you click on if you want it, and ignore if you don't?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

> They seem about 3 times as fast as they used to be last week.

I have a wisdom tooth coming in which seems to have gotten infected. A ridiculous amount of antibiotics have kept me off of the computer for much of the past week and I haven't made any changes at all in the past few weeks.

Unfortunately, however, I'm only at the computer to get some mandatory work done and don't yet feel up to debugging these things. I'm still in a lot of pain and rather nauseous from the antibiotics.

I just did a quick check and found the following :icon_twisted:
(this is mostly just in fun, don't get your knickers in a knot)

Some of my old problems are back                    Sep 29th 2007 3:38 pm
Cursor is disappearing                              Sep 6th 2007 6:27 pm
Scroll arrows won't repeat.                         Sep 6th 2007 6:26 pm
Enough is enough!                                   Aug 31st 2007 11:00 pm
Bumbling highlights square.                         Aug 31st 2007 8:27 pm
Get rid of the editing time limit!!!!!              Aug 25th 2007 8:51 pm

So over the past month you've complained a lot about problems (real and imagined)

You seem to have taken the summer off, but in May posted:

Stuff has stopped working.                          May 25th 2007 8:43 pm
Can't read what I am posting                        May 25th 2007 8:40 pm
Pages are jumping crazily around                    May 11th 2007 4:18 am
Dropdowns close when cursor over link underneath    May 8th 2007 4:39 pm

Just find it interesting.... :icon_wink:

commented: Heh, nice observation. ;-) +21

Actually, the troubles took the summer off, because Dani allowed us to disable some of this stuff. But then she took the disable settings away.

I have serious problems reading web pages when stuff is moving all over them. It's a form of dyslexia. I wish the HOVER attribute had never been created - it's not accommodating to dyslexics. This covers the following posts:
Some of my old problems are back
Bumbling highlights square.

Selfish ADS on DaniWeb were using up all my CPU time, so I couldn't do anything:
Cursor is disappearing
Scroll arrows won't repeat
Stuff has stopped working.
Pages are jumping crazily around
Dropdowns close when cursor over link underneath

This one was caused by a denial-of-service attack on DaniWeb, combined with trouble in my ISP. The edit window kept closing in the middle of an edit:
Enough is enough!

I am still unable to post troublesome code from my website before the time limit ends, because the edit screen blanks out if you open a non-DaniWeb page, and because the code block settings used a font I didn't have, requiring the fixing of all indents:
Get rid of the editing time limit!!!!!

The watermarks on the web development pages were so dark on Firefox that I couldn't read either the watermark or the post:
Can't read what I am posting

>
I have a wisdom tooth coming in which seems to have gotten infected. A ridiculous amount of antibiotics have kept me off of the computer for much of the past week and I haven't made any changes at all in the past few weeks.

Unfortunately, however, I'm only at the computer to get some mandatory work done and don't yet feel up to debugging these things. I'm still in a lot of pain and rather nauseous from the antibiotics.

I hope you are feeling better.

I decided to disable scripting. I will miss the dropdown menus very much, but it's better to lose that, rather than having objects exploding in my face when I try to browse.

Disabling scripting didn't get rid of the BOOKMARKS exploding link, which was the main thing I wanted to be rid of. How can I turn that off?

Thank you.

Now if the dropdown menus could be a separate setting from the rest of the scripting, it would be nice.

I have made a change where users who have fancy JavaScript features disabled instead see an old-fashioned Forum Jump menu towards the bottom of most pages to navigate the site.

Only a few of the problems are still there with the features disabled:

- The tooltips and bookmark bumbles are gone. I am using the menus at the top to get the menu pages.

The lost text-insertion point cursor in the Quick Reply box is caused by moving ads stealing all my CPU cycles - not your fault. It's intermittent, depending on which ads are playing.

My only remaining serious complaint is with the watermarks on the posting boxes. I still have a lot of trouble reading my post when this is underneath. It is not very accessible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.