Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 31 yr old mother of three young children and I just started back to school this semester. I changed my major from bio/chem to MIS. I will have my AAS in MIS next spring since I completed all of my gen eds before. I'm not sure what I will do with it yet, and from what I've seen on the forum this seems to be a common subject!
Anyway, I found this site while doing research for one of my classes and think it's great!! I even listed it as a suggested site for my webliog in business writing.
I have questions I'll post somewhere in the forum and I'm sure I'll have more as time goes on.

A little about me: My children come first, but when I have the chance I go riding. I sold my motorcycle when I was pregnant with my youngest (i couldn't stand to see her sitting idle) and since then have not been able to afford a new one (of course my better half bought himself a new one in the interim!!) so I have to ride on the back for now. I also spend a lot of time on the computer and most of what I know I taught myself. I sort of had to; when I was in high school our computers were used for typing practice, we used ms-dos commands to get them to do anything, and our floppy disks were actually floppy!! They were basically glorified word processors. What a difference 15 years makes!!
I think that is why I choose MIS. I love to learn and I know that I will have to continually update my knowledge to keep up in this profession.
thanks!;)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello there! Welcome to Daniweb! :)

Glad to have you with us!

Hello and Welcome to Daniweb!

Welcome to DW!

Welcome to Daniweb Friend... :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.