H all,
I am intersted to do home based freelance programing work. Can anybody give me some idea of which areas of prgramming ( e.g C, C++, assembly, Java, device drivers, web development, database...etc) are the most rewarding and what are the payments rates being offered ? I visited elance and had a look at the rates but I am looking for secure means of work offering higher rates( either on a per hour basis or on job basis ) . Also please guide on how to get such jobs. Any help/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Well no one will give you loads of money just because you think you're worth it. Without a good CV from well known companies (ie, people might be able to verify what you say), or an excellent online reputation at say elance or rentacoder, you're no different from the 1000's of wannabes out there.

Rates go up and down, so it's not a good idea just to choose what is "hot" at the moment, but go for what you actually enjoy doing.

commented: A dose of reality. +11
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.