NEED an answer to a critical situation even though it is VERY BASIC ... i need to create multiple fields which would access the same information but each field must be able to display the info differently ... SPECIFICALLY ... the same information is the twelve months of the year ... but the "boxes" must be able to display a choice of the info individually ... HOW DO I GO ABOUT CREATING THIS TABLE/FIELDS/RELATIONSHIPS ????? ANY ANSWER WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

well what language are you using and is it web based or application based?

also could you be a little more specific about the problem?

Table fields in HTML, or what? And why are SHOUTING?!

well what language are you using and is it web based or application based?

also could you be a little more specific about the problem?

first ... thank you for replying ... haven't gone indepth in FM for a WHILE ... so language i am using is just standard functions ... the project i am working on is application not web ...

it SEEMS like a simple enough thing i am trying to do ... create about 44 boxes ... each box needs to be able to select one month of the year ... each box must access this information individually ... a dropdown box and value list just doesn't work for this ... i know i have to create a table/list/relationship w some sort of global access ... just can't get this started ... need the KEY information ... is this better?

i appreciate your responses ... i am not shouting ... my caps are for EMPHASIS only ... it's YOUR premise that caps are shouting ... not mine ... i am just trying to find the answer to a FRUSTRATING problem for me ...

boxes for what though? what programming language? i understand its an app but what language?

i apologize if i am less than a novice ... perhaps i have gotten myself into the wrong forum ... i am just trying to work with the scripts and functions in Filemaker Pro 8.5 advanced ... i am updating and adding to a file which has already been created ... i am not a programmer ... i have worked with FM and understand its basic workings ... i believe what i am asking about is SO basic that you may be thinking far beyond what i need ?

You're acting completely ignorantly of the people who could answer your question.

commented: What are you talking about -3

thank you for your response ... i have already read thru the "tips" link you sent earlier today and the answer is not there ... and of course i have tried "help" and the search engine bar ... i guess i will just go back to my own search for this answer ... and come back to one of these forums later ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.