:sad: My computer has been working perfectly and now all the sudden I cant hear any audio except for annoying error sounds. When I go to control panel then sounds and audio devices it says "there is no audio device" on the volume, audio and voice tabs. But when I click on hardware it shows: Sis Audio Driver, Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Media Control Devices, and Video Codecs. When I go to device manager it says that that everything is there. When I click on Volume Control it says an error message: "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware. This Program will now close. " .....I dont know what to do. Can someone please post soon so I can enjoy my computer again...... :sad:

Go to this tread which deals with the same issue. See if you can find an answer there first.

Have you tried doing as the error said and run "Add New Hardware"?

Do you have a PCI or a built-in soundcard?
If you have a PCI soundcard, what brand and model number is it?
If you have a built-in soundcard, what model and brand is your motherboard?

If it's a pci make sure it's plugged in properly.

if you dont know what make your audio card is, run a program called Aida32 (its free), this will tell you the make and model number. Download the up to date drivers and reinstall!

gn0m3

Nothing here has worked..... maybe I just need a new sound card

i have the same problem. it happen to me just a few days ago. i dont want to reinstall windows so until i dig it up somewhere hidden in those boxes mabe some1 will finally be able to solve this problem.

BTW. i've read the other thread and i;ve followed the procedures but with no success. i honestly thought is because this stupid pop-up comes up at random times and Mutes my volume. then all of a sudden this appears. don' t know thats a mere coincedence or not get back at us ASAP