I am final year student of MCA & doing my internship on PHP Platform, But having interest in ASP.NET , Can u plz guide me...

Recommended Answers

Both are equally effective.

Jump to Post

Keep in mind that most web hosting companies do not allowed asp server pages, only php. This might affect you in the future.:)

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

Both are equally effective.

Keep in mind that most web hosting companies do not allowed asp server pages, only php. This might affect you in the future.:)

AndreRet - Yeah, most Linux hosts. There are *plenty* of Windows/IIS hosts also that support ASP.NET no problem.

I would say ASP.NET is a much better thing to learn especially if you want to be able to have skills that translate outside of web development. ASP.NET is usually written in C# or VB.NET, and if you learn a language like C# then you will able to write many other things besides websites, like Windows apps, iPhone apps, Android apps, Windows Phone apps, and not to mention Linux/Mac OS X apps.

ASP.NET is superior to PHP because PHP is a horrible language, but you can use good languages with ASP.NET, and there are Mono implementations, and if they're good then Windows licenses are not a problem. You don't need to worry about "web hosting companies" because why wouldn't you get a VPS? Exactly.

@Pradeep - Is this what you were looking for?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.