I am willing to join an open source project. Which is the best place and what is the method to join an open source project?

I am looking for a one based on java

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Im working on a Java EE (Servlets) based Issue Tracker if you want to help....

Sorry, but I don't know much about JSP and servlets.

If open source then drop link, I would be interested to see what you have :)

I want to join it,I want more information,can anybody help me out?

I want to join it,I want more information,can anybody help me out?

what kind of project you like to join in, please also tell your expertise. I am working on one, if I find you useful for my project then i would like to include you in it.

@warlord902 if you have some public repository can you post the link? People may want to have look first before attempting to join ;)

@warlord902 Quick peek on the project and what I found:

• Broken build, your application class Database is broken. Make sure that before you commit you always check that project copiles and run. Broken builds are bad advertisment
  • You should provide some sort of README file tht will summirize basic requirments for the project (JDK version, installations of tools required by project etc)
  • You are missing any testing infracture to test that your application is fucntional and that while adding-editing-deleting you did not damaged existing structure. Test framework like JUnit, Mockito etc. should be used

Please do not take it personally, I just trying to give you some feedback so you can improve your work :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.