Hi,

Urgent solution pls.
When i switch my dell laptop on, the power LED only flashes on and off - and no more.

I tried removing all the removeables (hdd drive, cd-rom drive, lan card, battery, ram etc), but the problem still persists.

Could it be the cpu or motherboard.

Jude

Hello, have you tried checking out the power supply unit? I know it sounds crazy because you are seeing the blinking light but sometimes when I'm troubleshooting Dells here at work, I'll see a flashing orange light and sure enough it turns out to be the power supply unit. Just a suggestion...good luck!

Hello,
Well i doubt it, because i replaced both the power pack & battery from a working system and got the same result: a blink of orange LED. Meanwhile the supposed defective power pack and battery worked fine on the working system. I wish i could think of anything other than motherboard and cpu.

hello,

based on my experience, maybe motherboard is the problem. i encountered the same problem in my laptop, when i brought it the service center, the diagnostic result is motherboard. since it is abranded laptop, use the warranty terms of the unit... :0

Thanks man. My suspicion exactly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.