Hi, I came across your website, and I must say, Im really impressed, with what you people have to share ...
I've got a question ..

I'm starting my university on september '06 hopefully, and my major is going to be Computer Science. I have doubts lately, on what to study [topic], to prepare for my major, before my university starts. Here's the list of topics, and I would like to know if it's worth the studyin... .. :!:

Algorithms
Boolean Algebra
Computer Anatomy
Datase and SQL
Digital Design
Distributed Computing
E-Commerce
Encryption
Estimation and Forecasting
Firewall Essentials and Port Blocking
Genetic Algorithms
Graph Theory
Graphs
Hardware Assembly
Hashing
Height-Balanced Trees
Java Database Connectivity
Javascript
Linked Lists
Machine Learning
Methods of Compression
Networks
Number Theory 1
Number Theory 2
Object-Oriented Paradigm
Personal Security on the Internet
Planning
Queues
Scripting Languages
Searching
Sorting
Stacks
Texture Mapping
Trees
Virtual Private Network
Viruses
Web Site Enhancement
Web Site Issues
Wireless Computing

Any advice, would be appreciated, and thank you, for your time. :lol:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Computer science has much less to do with actual programming than it has to do with algorithms and data structures and and boolean algebra and software design and software engineering. Entrepreneurs? Where does it say that?

What if you want to open a business related to computer science .. that's where the word Entrepreneurs fills in ...

What exactly do you have to know for Computer Science, in Universities?..
If you don't mind, could you list all the topic, that I really have to know for Computer Science,

Thanks,
JQK

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.