Interesting. In 2013 when the GOP controlled Congress and the Senate, they called it the Obama Shutdown. Now when the GOP controls Congress, the Senate AND the White House, it's called the Schumer Shutdown.

Identify a group or groups and villify them.

• Mexicans are drug runners, rapists and murderers
  • Immigrants are stealing your jobs
  • Muslims are terrorists

If the press is against you say that everything they report is a lie

• Lügenpresse (lying press)

The big lie (if you repeat it often enough people will believe it)

• Too many examples to list here

Too many parallels to ignore. It can happen here.

Edited by Reverend Jim

Well, at least trump does not use home made email servers for top secret documents. Anybody else would be thrown in jail for that. There is a slew of regulations about that. So at least he is not making insecure email servers for every wannabe hacker and foreign intelligence agency to mine for secrets on the internals of our agencies. You all are in IT, you should know the requirements for true security, and I bet some of you have actually met IT defense contractors. There is a lot of time and effort involved in keeping top level communication secure in a very technical way. The only reason Hillary was not thrown in jail was that she had fame, and none of the agencies would procecute the next proabable president. The fix was in. I chuckle to myself every so often that some of the other news agencies over printed articles and magazenes by the millions with hillary's winning articles, only to discover the next day that trump had in fact won.

You opened up this holy war, now here's both barrels.

Votes + Comments
Many experts have concluded no laws were broken. Why else haven't anyone prosecuted her now she is a nobody?

Right. The "what about you" defense, also known as the "look over there" tactic. Hillary lost the election. I'm not talking about Hillary. I'm talking about Trump.

Actually you are contemplating why trump rose to power, and not applying the context to which he did rise to power, he was versing a democrat who had an email scandal pending. Speaking of "the look over there" tactic, I have seen it plenty of times from hillary when she foraged a dossier on trump and fed it to the intel community. I believe that your original statements concerning trump are baseless, due to the fact that there are other factors, outlined in my post.

Votes + Comments
Say good bye to the "flawed democracy" rating and hello to "fascist dystopia"

And back to Hillary.

My previous post was contemplating the things Trump has done since assuming the office of president. As I said, this thread is about Trump, not Hillary. If you can defend the things Trump has been doing (without the "What about Hillary" rhetoric) I'd be interested in listening. If you want to start a thread about Hillary then please feel free. If you want to keep talking about her here then I'll just delete the posts as being off topic. If you start posting about chocolate or pandas in this thread I will also delete for being off topic.

Keep in mind that trolling is against the daniweb rules which you agreed to follow when you joined.

Edited by Reverend Jim

Well, I do think my observations are related if you actually read post number 2 it justifies the assertations as being related to this topic. You don't suppose you just want your soap box? You wanna be king of the hill? Sensorship of opinions? Only the opinions you like?

Votes + Comments
Trolling
Feel free to start a Clinton thread (no lover of either them here) but this a Trump one - that's not censorship it's keeping the discussion on topic
Do nt hijack someone else's topic. If you want to discuss Hillary, start your own.

Well, I do think my observations are related

Then start a new Hillary thread and add a link to this thread in the first post. As I said, if you want to defend Trump's actions on their own merits then do so. Claiming that someone has done worse is not a defense. If so then all rapists would get off because, after all, murder is worse. If you can't do that then one can only conclude that his actions are indefensible.

PS - I'd be more than willing to post all the bad things I think about Hillary, just not in this thread.

Edited by Reverend Jim

This exemplifies why Trump rose to power. Justify nothing, point to a failed alternative. His supporters understand this
They do it to justify supporting him. You will never win an argument with this flavour of wing nut. Well you will every time but they fail or pretend to fail to see it.

Edited by alan.davies

+alan.davies And it is catching. Both Brexit and Doug Ford were campaigns run on nothing except hating on the alternatives. If all you do is vote against a thing you don't like then any power-hungry monster can exploit you to get into power and do whatever the F--- they want because they barely need to pretend to do something good.

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.