I am sure that members of DaniWeb will join me in congratulating rproffitt on his promotion to moderator with immediate effect.

While Robert may be a new moderating face to DaniWeb members, not only will you know him from his many contributions to our discussions here but what you might not know is he is also a moderator over at the very popular CNET forums.

Welcome to the moderating team Robert.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Congrats Robert! Keep up the good work. :)

Yay!! Welcome to the fold!!

It's been a long time since we had someone new around these parts.

Welcome aboard rproffitt!

Member Avatar for diafol

Nice one :)

Just for the record, you Welsh Devil, I'd welcome you back into the moderator fold at the drop of a Davy Lamp :-)

Congrats! ^_^

Hip hip!

I think I must be missing something in Diafol's post because of language barrier, something that Happygeek caught. Can someone explain ?

Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

I'll take my time to learn the new forum and ways. I know better than to wear the same hat and ideas here but feel free to correct me as I learn. That is, part of moderating is keeping an open mind and at times a thick skin. It's an odd combination. Something like a cross of a philosopher and a rhino but a better temperament.

Something like a cross of a philosopher and a rhino but a better temperament.

Famous Prison Saying: "Don't lose your temper till it's time to lose your temper. Then lose your temper."

Works well for moderating and life in general, though the bad word filter can get in the way.

language barrier

Native English speaker here, but ditto. The "two countries separated by a common language" thing is true. No clue what that means even after I looked up "Davy Lamp" on Wikipedia. It means that HappyGeek either wants Diafol back as a moderator as fast as possible or never wants him back. I'm guessing the former, but I assume that when a Davy Lamp drops, everyone flees the mine, so if the mine is Daniweb, Diafol moderating Daniweb is like dropping a Davy Lamp in Daniweb, wouldn't that mean everyone will flee Daniweb if Diafol moderates?

Anyway, congratulations RProffitt.

commented: They will run a mile! Heh heh +0

Thanks for your efforts AssertNull. It enlightens the debate.

I think I must be missing something in Diafol's post because of language barrier, something that Happygeek caught. Can someone explain ?

Merely letting Diafol (which is Welsh for devil) know that he would be more than welcome to return to the moderating fold here at any time... The Davy Lamp reference was just a tongue in cheek way of saying 'drop of a hat' to a Welshman, from an Englishman :)

commented: V. kind. Diolch. +0
Member Avatar for diafol

Thanks Davey - am so very busy with my new ventures that I would do DW a big disservice were I to offer time that I could never afford. I will continue to support / be a PITA as long as I can. Things may change in the future, and if they do, I will let you know.

Anyhow, big well done again to RP.

Plus, you're still in mourning for the passing of the Welsh Rugby Union team of course ;-)

commented: F/off +0

Robert has been very helpful to myself. I can't thank him enough for helping me or giving me clues to problems.

Thanks Robert and Congratulations.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.