hi guys,
have a friend who's xbox 360 has a broken hard drive, is it just for storage, therefore i can stick a computer / laptop drive in there (blank) or does it boot from that drive or store its drivers there? :confused:

darren

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by John A

It is just for storage. However, I am not so sure you can stick a computer drive in there. Pretty doubtful of that, actually. Instead, there are two options ... buy a replacement XBOX360 hdd for roughly $100 for buy an XBOX360 memory card for roughly $30. Prices are from what I remember, off the top of my head.

It is just for storage. However, I am not so sure you can stick a computer drive in there. Pretty doubtful of that, actually. Instead, there are two options ... buy a replacement XBOX360 hdd for roughly $100 for buy an XBOX360 memory card for roughly $30. Prices are from what I remember, off the top of my head.

Yes, but the memory cards hold way less than the hard drives, so hard drives are a much better deal....
Found this:
http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000420073571/

cheers guys, now surely with that adaptor i could get a sata hard disk and use that, or have i completely missed the point?

cheers guys, now surely with that adaptor i could get a sata hard disk and use that, or have i completely missed the point?

Yes, from what I can tell in that article, you can do that.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.