hi guys,
have a friend who's xbox 360 has a broken hard drive, is it just for storage, therefore i can stick a computer / laptop drive in there (blank) or does it boot from that drive or store its drivers there? :confused:

darren

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

It is just for storage. However, I am not so sure you can stick a computer drive in there. Pretty doubtful of that, actually. Instead, there are two options ... buy a replacement XBOX360 hdd for roughly $100 for buy an XBOX360 memory card for roughly $30. Prices are from what I remember, off the top of my head.

It is just for storage. However, I am not so sure you can stick a computer drive in there. Pretty doubtful of that, actually. Instead, there are two options ... buy a replacement XBOX360 hdd for roughly $100 for buy an XBOX360 memory card for roughly $30. Prices are from what I remember, off the top of my head.

Yes, but the memory cards hold way less than the hard drives, so hard drives are a much better deal....
Found this:
http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000420073571/

I'm not that much of a hacker.

Neither am I, just pointing out that there's always a way. :cheesy:

Isn't that called 'innovation' ?

cheers guys, now surely with that adaptor i could get a sata hard disk and use that, or have i completely missed the point?

cheers guys, now surely with that adaptor i could get a sata hard disk and use that, or have i completely missed the point?

Yes, from what I can tell in that article, you can do that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.