I'm moving from a high-end Dell Inspiron 8600 to whatever will give me a fast processor and decent hard-disk space. Does anyone have any recommendations for a laptop like that?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

what are you after, cheap price / reliabilty or just pure speed?

what are you after, cheap price / reliabilty or just pure speed?

I'll be developing software on it among other things, so speed and reliability are important. Low price is probably not realistic. I'd like an eraser point for navigation and a DVD/RW drive.

lenovo?

expensive and only midrange specs but reliable as hell and i personally love the trackball (hate those touchpads)

I would check out the Dell Insprion e1705 is relativly cheap and can be configured with a ATI x1400($900 to $1200) or Nvidia 7900GS(around $1400). If portability is important look at the 1500 line all can be seen at the dell website. Oh yeah dell gives out some awesome rebate deals look for those too, if you go this way. Good luck

commented: Good advice. +1

I would check out the Dell Insprion e1705 is relativly cheap and can be configured with a ATI x1400($900 to $1200) or Nvidia 7900GS(around $1400). If portability is important look at the 1500 line all can be seen at the dell website. Oh yeah dell gives out some awesome rebate deals look for those too, if you go this way. Good luck

I've decided on the 1505. You've helped confirm what a great shopper I really am! :cheesy: Thanks!

I've decided on the 1505. You've helped confirm what a great shopper I really am! :cheesy: Thanks!

YOU'RE WELCOME Roobyroo, happy computing:cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.