I'm having a problem getting a triple boot up and running with XP, 2003, FC6 anyone had any success?

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by John A

You need to be a little bit more descriptive than that if you want to recieve help. Like what the problem is, any error messages you saw, what order you installed the OSs, etc...

I had it going once. I used grub, had it chainload the Windows boot manager, which then let me choose between XP and 2003. It was a very small hassle as I recall, but nothing particularly difficult.

>I used grub, had it chainload the Windows boot manager, which then let me choose between XP and 2003.
Is there even a way to boot Windows via grub without chainloading? I always assumed that was a given...

Yea, I have a triple boot.. You've got to chanload.. I have had issues like this before, I've had to use fixmbr and reinstall grub to access linux b/c vista would write itself to the mbr.

>I've had to use fixmbr and reinstall grub to access linux b/c vista would write itself to the mbr.
That's why it's always recommended to install Linux as the last OS in a triple-boot (or dual-boot for that matter) setup. Of course, it was unavoidable for you, since Vista was released after you had installed Linux.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.