please help me. i have had my computer for just over a year now and when i went to turn on my computer after school, its fans went to max rpm and only no input signal appeared. then after a few attempts to reboot, it was working again. but it's doing this every time i try to restart or turn on after shutting down.

i know its not a PSU problem because i replaced it with a 300W one that came with my pc. (took out the 8800 first of course)

also these problems started when my pc would not allow me to use a PCI-E card like my 8800 anymore it just started using onboard

here are my specs, (what i know)

Mobo: some sort of ASUS AM2
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 +5200 Dual-Core (2.7GHz each core)
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 800GTS BFG OC
PSU: Codegen 530W
HDD: 2 IDE hard drives (80GB) (40GB)
RAM: 1.7GB 600MHz
Fans: 2

I personally think this might be either a POST, CMOS or motherboard error but no error beeps are excreted by the internal speaker.

if you like, i will be on MSN most of the time and will be listening to any suggestions

phillippirikahu@hotmail.com

Recommended Answers

All 68 Replies

if this helps, i saw this in the event viewer but it only appeared in the event viewer when i turned on my pc, i didnt even have to go through the blue screen of death!

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xddf7ccaf, 0xefe98670, 0x00000000). A full dump was not saved.

PLEASE dont tell me this is a CPU/MOBO error since i just bought the CPU a few weeks ago and the mobo i cant really afford to replace for a while...

That error code is indicates a kernel-mode application generated a memory access violation. I see that you have two RAM sticks so try pulling one, then swapping with the other [put the single stick in the first RAM slot..].
On the other hand it could be the actual application at fault - drivers. Can you try starting in Safe Mode.... note the last driver listed.

That error code is indicates a kernel-mode application generated a memory access violation. I see that you have two RAM sticks so try pulling one, then swapping with the other [put the single stick in the first RAM slot..].
On the other hand it could be the actual application at fault - drivers. Can you try starting in Safe Mode.... note the last driver listed.

thank you for the help, i shall try the RAM swapping. but theres a problem, i forgot to list i have 3 512MB sticks and a single 256MB stick.

and that i have had these RAM stick's at minimum for 8 months

AND its hard to start the pc at all because 70% of the time it doesn't POST. just displays no input signal as soon as i go to turn it on, the above post tells of the fans at max RPM until i restart it enough times in order for it to POST and boot up, one mistake i made was with my AMD Athlon X2 +5200 (2.7GHz each core) i forgot to plug in the fan. but it works out well because im using the same CPU to post this message.

by the way... Safemode shall not prevail in a hardware error ='-S

Ok, try just one 512MB stick... if it works just keep adding sticks and restarting, if it does not work try another....
I'm not going to try to second guess your mobo type... it's not one that has RAM dedicated to each processor is it?

Ok, try just one 512MB stick... if it works just keep adding sticks and restarting, if it does not work try another....
I'm not going to try to second guess your mobo type... it's not one that has RAM dedicated to each processor is it?

actually the Processor has it's own dedicated memory, i can tell you the Brand of my mobo, its ASUS AM2 something and the southbridge/northbridge is a nvidia Nforce 410 with integrated 6150LE

Yep, each core has 1 or 2 MB on chip for speed buffering, but not much will happen without some RAM.

I agree with Gerbil: it sounds like a memory problem but then you say you hear no beeps?! You would normally hear something.

Although you are confident that your PSU is OK, it could still be power related. Please try the following:

1. Remove everything (disconnect HDDs, CD/DVDs, floppy drives, remove graphics and all other cards, remove memory).

2. Remove and refit the cable connections to the MBD.

3. Try. You should hear some beeps (and the fans turning: if the fans don't turn it's your PSU).

4. If you don't have an onboard graphics card, install the card and try again.

5. Try each memory individually or in pairs as necessary.

6. If you get a combination that works, reconnect your boot disk.

7. If all is still good, replace the other components one at a time until the offending component is identified.

Good luck

if this helps, i saw this in the event viewer but it only appeared in the event viewer when i turned on my pc, i didnt even have to go through the blue screen of death!

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xddf7ccaf, 0xefe98670, 0x00000000). A full dump was not saved.

PLEASE dont tell me this is a CPU/MOBO error since i just bought the CPU a few weeks ago and the mobo i cant really afford to replace for a while...

check the oxoooooo8e,section here .like it says usuall a hardware driver issue .or maybe you need a bios update .
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

check the oxoooooo8e,section here .like it says usuall a hardware driver issue .or maybe you need a bios update .
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

ok i have the most recent BIOS update 29 December 2007, drivers... I shall look into that

I agree with Gerbil: it sounds like a memory problem but then you say you hear no beeps?! You would normally hear something.

Although you are confident that your PSU is OK, it could still be power related. Please try the following:

1. Remove everything (disconnect HDDs, CD/DVDs, floppy drives, remove graphics and all other cards, remove memory).

2. Remove and refit the cable connections to the MBD.

3. Try. You should hear some beeps (and the fans turning: if the fans don't turn it's your PSU).

4. If you don't have an onboard graphics card, install the card and try again.

5. Try each memory individually or in pairs as necessary.

6. If you get a combination that works, reconnect your boot disk.

7. If all is still good, replace the other components one at a time until the offending component is identified.

Good luck

Alright i did what you told me. Error beeps = yes, On-screen message said i didnt have any HDD installed but duh... it was all part of the glorious tests =-D

ok i have the most recent BIOS update 29 December 2007, drivers... I shall look into that

usually booting the winxp cd and going to repair option and type in "chkdsk /r" with out the " will fix the driver conflict .

commented: helpful =-D +1

usually booting the winxp cd and going to repair option and type in "chkdsk /r" with out the " will fix the driver conflict .

thanks for this really quick reply but one problem shortly creates another... the WinXP installation is fine because i have been using the same hardware/software for around 3 months max with no errors. my computer also didn't come with one, ill just use Compaq's recovery HDD. one time my video drivers were corrupt thus creating artifacts in crysis and giving the blue screen of death.

theres still the problem of the computer not POST'ing when i push the power button, and after a few tries it works. then it will show the BIOS booting screen ect with windows starting. i really need to fix these problems as i have Assignments to start/finish.

oh yea and my PCI-E port wont detect my cards anymore... they're related to the same problem

the WinXP installation is fine because i have been using the same hardware/software for around 3 months max with no errors.

think as you may,but windows updates of late have been causing a log of problems with drivers and causing driver conflicts .hope you sort it out so you can get your projects done .good luck

think as you may,but windows updates of late have been causing a log of problems with drivers and causing driver conflicts .hope you sort it out so you can get your projects done .good luck

about that xp installation, i might try that right now and thanks for the luck, im gona need it when im done ='-S :'(

dang it didn't work! just made me try to get the pc to POST so i could get as far to boot xp =-D. using the same system to post this message its just annoying to turn on.

oh and i blew my sempron luckily for me i still had mi dual-core as a backup (sempron was bad anyway)

out the window i gggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

did you brake the glass? or did it just cut you up as you flew out the window?

oh and i found out my mobo is actually under constant attack from a virus, i just cant find what type. my guys down at the tech distributor in sydney are calling it CIH2 .

anyways im just wondering IS THERE ANY WAY TO SAVE MY MOTHERBOARD?!?

consider this, first make sure that your ram is compatible with your motheboard, then make sure they are all the same speed. after that, break down your computer to just the bare bones and see if it will boot, if it does not try to boot from a floppy or cd and try a known good hard drive to boot from. if you can not boot from a flopy or cd or a known good hard drive, you either have the wrong ram installed or you could have CPU or motherboard issues. if you can boot from a floppy or cd or a known good hard drive then you might have a bad hard drive.

hope this helps

consider this, first make sure that your ram is compatible with your motheboard, then make sure they are all the same speed. after that, break down your computer to just the bare bones and see if it will boot, if it does not try to boot from a floppy or cd and try a known good hard drive to boot from. if you can not boot from a flopy or cd or a known good hard drive, you either have the wrong ram installed or you could have CPU or motherboard issues. if you can boot from a floppy or cd or a known good hard drive then you might have a bad hard drive.

hope this helps

i tried the above a few hours ago and to no luck... the CPU is fine because i have swapped it with others of the same slot type. as for ram, i have run a diagnostics on the ram and it is compatiable for my board and clock speeds are all set at 533MHz for now. As for the motherboard i think it may be dying... its been a great mobo. 8-D

both hard drives are running as they should, thats what id expect and what i expect is correct

did you make any changes to your computer before it started acting this way

did you make any changes to your computer before it started acting this way

nop it just started doing this when i got home after school, i went to turn it on so i could print out my finished assighment for the next day and it wouldnt work properly

what is your computer plugged into (UPS, surge protector, or just the wall outlet)

what is your computer plugged into (UPS, surge protector, or just the wall outlet)

a Surge protector

also as im scanning my pc i found over 200 viruses half of which i dont know what do!

one was infection:W32:SQL Slammer

ok verify that the surge protector is still good. also check the outlet it is plugged into, try plugging into a different wall outlet, if you still have a problem it still could be a bad PSU you should test it they can be bad from the factory, if every thing checks out then it just might be a bad mobo

have you tried to just reinstall windows if you have over 200 viruses that could be the problem right there, if you have a boot sector virus you will have to reformat the drive

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.