i get a message on start up of my computer that says cpu unworkable press f1 i also am haveing trouble signning into msn messenger and get error code 80048820 could anyone please help me?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

About that CPU is umworkable Message, Thats a Hardware message and there could be many differnt things causing your computer to say that. Your Cmos Batter could almost be dead, your BIOS may need to be updated. Or another peice of hardware could be Faulty, (Dose it give any numbers or letters after the message? That might help find the problem) Updateing your bios is not hard but you will need a Floppy drive and you will have to get the bios update from the companys webpage. But its not a software problem its hardware cause it happens before windows load.
Im looking into that message you get when u try to loginto MSN so ill get back to you on that?
Let me know if you need any more help?
TJ

i also am haveing trouble signning into msn messenger and get error code 80048820 could anyone please help me?

About that error code, This error is a general error and it says that msn may be having trouble with the server but if it happens all the time than thats not it. You may want to check the date and time of your computer to make sure that it is set to the correct time. You also may want to check your firewall to make sure that it allows MSN messnger to connected. Heres a few more steps that you may want to try to fix that error Message
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2005/11/12/msn-messenger-error-80048820/

Let me know if this work?Good luck
TJ

About that error code, This error is a general error and it says that msn may be having trouble with the server but if it happens all the time than thats not it. You may want to check the date and time of your computer to make sure that it is set to the correct time. You also may want to check your firewall to make sure that it allows MSN messnger to connected. Heres a few more steps that you may want to try to fix that error Message
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2005/11/12/msn-messenger-error-80048820/

Let me know if this work?Good luck
TJ

thanks a heep. would you know why or how my time and date would change on its own?

Cheers Leonie

The time and date could have gotton changed by a bad CMOS battery. Or there was a program that you may have installed that configured it to somthing differnt. Its happen to me a couple of times. If it happens frequently you may want to get a new CMOS battery.
(Make sure you check for spyware and viruses they also may be what changed your time.

Hope this helps.
TJ

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.