Hi,

I have no idea from PCs. I've been looking to the other posts in order to get an advice from there, but no help.

My fan seems to not be sufficient for the system, meaning it still works but after I load a "heavy" app or game the system shuts off suddenly, and when I boot I get an "overclocking" error.

I have fixed an enormous fan on the open side of the computer temporarily, I'd like to find out about good fans out there that I can get.

Thank you for your time.

(I have included the system info in a txt)

PS. > Processor Temperature : 68.5 °C "this is with the external fan running at the same time"

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

ok i have the same processor as you and i idle 42*C and under load of gaming for hours im max at 53*C. This is with the stock cooler but i scraped off the stock cooling pad and washed it with nailpolish remover a dozen or so times to remove all the old paste before applying artic silver 5. When you apply the paste, you do not need a lot of it. You can follow the directions on artics website for more information. After you try this it it should help some, if it doesnt, take a can of canned air or an air hose like i do in the garage and blow all the dust out of the computer. THis can bring down temps significantly. If not, add more case fans or consider a new cpu cooler. Your temps are way to high and your computer is restarting becuase it is reaching the processors thermal breakdown point. Hope this helps

If your BIOS is telling you that you have an "overclocking error", you should load up your BIOS config settings and make sure that you don't have any overclocking features enabled. It's very possible that you or someone working on your system tried to "tweak" some settings and ended up configuring the machine to run in an unstable mode.

Can you be more specific about the wording of the error?

Thanks for your time to reply, really appreciate it.

I will get a thermal paste, though I have no idea how to apply it, will read the link.

About the BIOS error message, i get a "overclocking failure" and an option to change the BIOS Settings (F1) or continue loading normally (F2.)

Should I change to the deafault BIOS settings? Though I doubt it will work, as I'm the only one using the computer.

I'd appreciate if you could recommend some good CPU fans.

Regards,
Crucifixio

Should I change to the deafault BIOS settings? Though I doubt it will work, as I'm the only one using the computer.

Try it and see if the error message goes away. If your BIOS is giving you an error, you should never ignore it.

Try it and see if the error message goes away. If your BIOS is giving you an error, you should never ignore it.

I've changed the settings to default. The temperature without the external fan is about 78-80 degrees celsius.

The fan works at about 2700-2800 rotations.

The computer went off after I tried to test it. So it must be a hardware problem.

Did changing the settings cause the error message to go away?

Did changing the settings cause the error message to go away?

I'm sorry I wasn't specific; the error comes up after the computer shuts off due to overheating. Afterwards, when booting, it gives me that error.

I'm sorry I wasn't specific; the error comes up after the computer shuts off due to overheating. Afterwards, when booting, it gives me that error.

I still don't believe that the error message is because of the way it was shut down; rather, that it is because your system is improperly configured and your motherboard is noticing a mismatch in how you have the system configured and how the components work. What is probably happening is that the logic on the board knows that the current configuration will cause system damage or a non-functioning machine, so it is defaulting itself to what it believes will be a functioning configuration so that you can boot up the machine and make the appropriate modifications, not so you can just keep running the machine as is.

In my experience, BIOS error messages refer to current situations, not past situations (there are very few exceptions, but you do not need to concern yourself with those). So, if your machine boots up and reports, "Overclocking Error. Press F1 to enter change system configuration or press F2 to continue.", your system is saying, "Your system is currently improperly configured. Press F1 to fix this problem or press F2 to ignore it and hope it doesn't cause a system failure."

I did some reading on your board, there is an advanced section in your BIOS menu that gives you the ability to set overclock options. In that section, is your "AI Overclock Tuner" set to "Manual" and all the items that have an "Auto" setting set to "Auto"?

Actually it was set on "Standard" but I changed it to the "manual" and the following to "Auto"

Good heavens, your CPU is running very hot. chrisbliss has eliminated the possibility of overclocking as far as I can tell (resetting BIOS to defaults), so now you have to work on your cooling! If the PC is no longer under warranty (and if it is, you should take it back!), have a read of this article for cooling assistance. You may want to enlist the services of a technically inclined friend if you don't feel up to the tasks outlined.

I have a similar problem. PC was working fine until I relaced the CD ROM drive with a DVD ROM drive. Now I get the overclocking error and can't boot up under any mode, nor can I go back to last good configuration - just keeps trying to load the OS.

After you do the above, you should try taking out all add-on cards, ram that isn't original, and all peripherals. Then test and if stays on continue rebooting with another just "1" more thing added to mobo to find what it really is messing it up. Hope it helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.