this may be a bit of a dumb question but how do i locate the system fan i used the easytune 4 and it came up with a system fan warning i have changed the fan on the processer and its still the same is there another system fan please help im at my wits end my pc keeps resettin and freezing and running up to 100% also

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

this may be a bit of a dumb question but how do i locate the system fan i used the easytune 4 and it came up with a system fan warning i have changed the fan on the processer and its still the same is there another system fan please help im at my wits end my pc keeps resettin and freezing and running up to 100% also

the fans you should have in your system are as follows:

CPU heatsink assembly - comes with fan
case fans - varies depending on your case
psu fan - inside the powersupply unit. DONT EVER TOUCH THIS. Most psus can hold enough electricity inside their transistors to kill you even long after the machine has been turned off.

what you need to check upon is the fans themselves and their connections to the mainboard or to the power supply unit via the molex connectors. sometimes connections can work loose.

try this and tell me what happens.:cool:

i have 4 case fans and they are running good i have allready changed the cpu fan the psu is only a month old and is working fine yet it comes up system fan warning when i check my hardware with easytune i cannot understand why its doing this my pc is still reseting now and again aswell as freezing

i think that the reason for your freezing etc is that the cpu possibily getting too hot.

go into your bios and check it out..

report back once youve done this

how do i check it in the bios :o :o :o

i managed to get the tempretures you asked for the current cpu temp is 49 c and the system temp is 27 c are these corect

i managed to get the tempretures you asked for the current cpu temp is 49 c and the system temp is 27 c are these corect

they're fine!!! maybe you're just running too many resource hungry programs as i've said before. sometimes this will cause a machine to do weird and wonderful things. try operating with only one or two things open and dont play the games for too long as playing games will make the graphics card get rather hot. some things do have a thermal cutout feature.:-|

netscape runs up to 99% how do i stop this from happening
i apologise if im being a pain :o :o :o :o

being an Internet Explorer user i am not too sure but least it looks as though you have found whats eating up your resources.

JANINE...the danger of poking around in a PSU is not the "transistors", the capacitors are the real danger, they can hold a line voltage ( 110 -220 volts depending on your local) charge for months after being unpluged. :cheesy:

netscape runs up to 99% how do i stop this from happening
i apologise if im being a pain :o :o :o :o

I use Mozilla (Netscape based) and sometimes it has the same problem. I have to close the app and restart it later. I've also noticed this happens when a loaded page is full of flash content.

Hey DCC, if I want to clean my PSU, how can I discharge the capacitors??

Hey Alvein...if you need to ask how to do this, I would seriously suggest that you not try it, the voltage level in those capacitors is leathal! I would suggest blowing the PSU out and leave it at that, but to answer your question, you can discharge the caps with a pair of insulated electornic type jumper cables and a lamp. First thing to do is to make sure that you unplug the PSU, and that the lamps switch is in the off position, if the lamp is on when you go to attach the last cable you will have a complete circuit which could result in the cap arking across the gap between the terminal and the jumper which could it turn shock you. Then connect the two cables to the line and neutral plugs of the lamp, very carefully attach the cables one at a time to the terminals of the cap, make sure that the two cables don't touch each other at either end, then turn on the lamp, when the light goes out the caps should be discharged. I can't stress this enough...this is very dangerous, 16 joules is a leathal amount, and your caps way exceed that level!

JANINE...the danger of poking around in a PSU is not the "transistors", the capacitors are the real danger, they can hold a line voltage ( 110 -220 volts depending on your local) charge for months after being unpluged. :cheesy:

cheers 4 that dcc. i knew it was something like transistors or capacitators. i just havent been able to think straight for the last few days as i've been too in pain. i've sprained my ankle badly:cry:

i admit my error there

Hey Alvein...if you need to ask how to do this, I would seriously suggest that you not try it, the voltage level in those capacitors is leathal! I would suggest blowing the PSU out and leave it at that, but to answer your question, you can discharge the caps with a pair of insulated electornic type jumper cables and a lamp. First thing to do is to make sure that you unplug the PSU, and that the lamps switch is in the off position, if the lamp is on when you go to attach the last cable you will have a complete circuit which could result in the cap arking across the gap between the terminal and the jumper which could it turn shock you. Then connect the two cables to the line and neutral plugs of the lamp, very carefully attach the cables one at a time to the terminals of the cap, make sure that the two cables don't touch each other at either end, then turn on the lamp, when the light goes out the caps should be discharged. I can't stress this enough...this is very dangerous, 16 joules is a leathal amount, and your caps way exceed that level!

Some months ago I got a HARD shock of some component in a CRT monitor I had running with no case. The damn switch was in a non-visible area, and I was bare feet trying to locate it then....maybe mrs. bones doesn't like me! :o

Thanx for the explanation. It sounds safer and simpler to get a blower. :D

sounds like you had a lucky escape there

Hey Alvein...that's another place to stay away from, it's called the "flyback", and it also has capasitors in the circuit. Glad to hear you weren't injured seriously.

Janine...sorry to hear about the ankle, I've been there myself. Soft tissue problems like that can take longer to heal than a brocken bone

the fans you should have in your system are as follows:

CPU heatsink assembly - comes with fan
case fans - varies depending on your case
psu fan - inside the powersupply unit. DONT EVER TOUCH THIS. Most psus can hold enough electricity inside their transistors to kill you even long after the machine has been turned off.

what you need to check upon is the fans themselves and their connections to the mainboard or to the power supply unit via the molex connectors. sometimes connections can work loose.

try this and tell me what happens.:cool:

Okay, regarding the original post. I think that if a fan is the culprit, it's got to be the NorthBridge fan. ianc, is there a fan on your motherboard? It should be below the processor assembly. The symptoms you've described are consistent with over heating. See if the NB fan is turning rapidly. If not, get it changed...

m also havin that same problem of system fan,gigabyte easy tune 4 shows that "system fan = 0 rpm".and my pc keeps getting booted again and again if i runs it for 1 or 1and half hours,help me out of it

It would help if you could provide more information, like the make and model of you computer. What fan are you referring to, does it not run?

Have you done any recent house cleaning in the case? I would check to see if you have accumulated dust on the heat sink for the CPU.

Btw, you will get more people reading this if you post your own thread rather than attaching your question to an old thread.

It would help if you could provide more information, like the make and model of you computer. What fan are you referring to, does it not run?

Have you done any recent house cleaning in the case? I would check to see if you have accumulated dust on the heat sink for the CPU.

Btw, you will get more people reading this if you post your own thread rather than attaching your question to an old thread.

i dont know how to post my own thread,but any wayz im having AMD ATHLON XP 2000+,1.67 GHZ.512 RAM,80 GB HARD DISK,my computer works ok in morning for 1-2 hours,then it gets heated up and keep getting restarted again and again.i have cleaned to heat sink by expert,put 1 more fan in cpu.still the problems exists,they cannt understand the real problem,i run the gigabye software,its saying "system fan = 0 rpm" ,but all fans r running good.there is no dust in my cpu or motherboard,my pc is 4 years old,gigabye motherboard.

The easyest way to discharge a CRT monitor is with a screw driver, and jumper cord. Connect one end of the jumper to the case ground and the other end to the srewdriver. Then slide the tip of the screwdriver under the anode lead on the back or near the top of the tube, while holding something you cherrish with your other hand. DO NOT REST YOUR FREE HAND ON THE CHASSIS OF THE SET WHERE YOU HAVE CONNECTED ONE END OF THE JUMPER. If you forget this you won't do it but once, believe me, you will pick your a-- off the floor if you do.A crt can and has been known to hold it's charge for up to a year or longer.That flyback transformer is what charges the CRT and those voltages are in the thousands of volts, like 7200 volts or higher.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.