Gwebb 0 Newbie Poster

While starting up windows XP Pro SP2, I get past the Loading screen and the desktop appears. However it's after this that I get my problems. Sometimes the items on the tray don't load, and the timer image replaces my mouse when I put it over the task bar. I can however click on the desktop, but as soon as I right click anywhere it locks up. Double clicking on recycling bin does the same. I can bring up task manager but I can't seem to find anything wrong with it, and if I attempt to rebring it up: the computer locks up as well.

Everything works fine on Debugging mode, and safe mode as well however sometimes it has locked up as well. I've attempted System Restore, recreating the Boot.ini, and scanned with Avast! but to no avail does it fix the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated, I plan on reinstalling windows when I get my CD from home.

Thanks,
Graeme

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.