molder169 0 Newbie Poster

hi this is my first post here. im not a noobie but im no expert at all. im running a bridge through some things to get internet. i have access but my internet will time out for minnutes at a time. this happens randomly at different time intervals. heres what im running and how im getting some connection to the worl. im running xp home (windows pro 64X sucks btw) on an OEM machine. AMD Sempron 64 bit processor sittin on a 256 and a 512 stick of ddr400 ram but most relavent to the situation is an onboard SiS 900 nic card. so here is how it goes. from my pc is a patch cable about 4 feet long. connected to a netgear wireless router, this would be a 802.11b wireless router. from that is a 25 foot patch cable running to my roomates pc. in his is a nic card (dont know what it is) in his pc is also a wireless PCI card that connect to another router down stairs which is connected to the world. i get internet whenever he is on but sometimes i time out as i said above. i cant thing simple becase itseems weve tried everything complex and it hast worked yet. anyone know a possible answer? i cannot get a new wireless card for a while.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.