Hey, I'm sorry if it's not the place to ask because I 'm not sure under which forum should I post it. I wanted to promote my site at Google. I've encountered the following site that supplies Affordable aerial photography, and I've noticed that it has high page rank. Now it's not a big site so how can I promote mine as well?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Hey, I'm sorry if it's not the place to ask because I 'm not sure under which forum should I post it. I wanted to promote my site at Google. I've encountered the following site that supplies Affordable aerial photography, and I've noticed that it has high page rank. Now it's not a big site so how can I promote mine as well?

The correct section is promotion and marketing strategies...

Regarding your query, it seems that the site you have provided is your competitor.
Do the very basic thing.SEO is the first thing you need to do. Search engine is the main source of traffic.
Now regarding promotion.. promote it via social bookmarking,writing article about your site and service and submitting it to different directories, directory submission, forum posting... these are all the general promotion strategies used almost by everyone and it wont cost you anything if you do it personally.

You should start with the onpage structure of your site. What are your target keywords? How competitive are they? Then proceed to building links for your site. Do tons of forum posting, article submission, social bookmarking, etc.

Social bookmarkings, Articles and press releases are very effective for promoting website.

Target keywords, social network, article submission and press release is good for promotion

goto google webmaster guidelines and read the instructions
Nothing anybody else has to say about search engines matters, does it
note what Google says about link exchange services
once you are registered as webmaster and google verify (also yahoo,msn,ask) you can see multiple reports of what the bots see of your site to further optimise your target audience.

My site (started very small business, staff of 2) gets page one in both cities we work in in our trade, get a lot of return visits and customers, have gone from 46% of the business we can handle(struggling) for two to 92% of what five can handle in three years, have bought more sites and staff is 5 1/2, we do no other advertising
rank higher than the biggest player in our target market, by following the guidelines.
works in yahoo MSN AskJeeves searches as well, the algorithms are similar

I took on the task of getting a corporate site optimized and ranked facing a number of challenges. First, the site was created using a niche CMS software for no other reason that it was free and it was what one of the companies partners suggested. Second, the page had no metatags to speak of and because the company was attempting to increase marketshare in a market where the main search term was a government form number, the top 150 links were all government or labor union web pages. Third, the owners of the company were paranoid about revealing anything about the company, its customers or its employees so reciprocal links to partner websites or using social media was out of the question.

I identified four steps and put them into effect and the results were good. First, I rewrote all of the copy on the website to use as many keywords as possible. Second, I put metatags on all of the key pages (no need to metatag form pages or the page that showed company addresses for various offices). Third, I added pages to hi-light press releases (which the company did not use until I informed them that you do not need a PR agency to do press releases). I also utilized twitter to announce Press releases and new business wins and let the necessary media and reporters know about the twitter feed. Lastly, I instituted a Google Adwords campaign to overcome the fact that there was no cracking the top 150. I do not know how their business is going but they are getting ranked a little higher for the area of the business that deals with the govt. and the rest of the website has improved its rankings as a whole by over 70%.

You should start with the onpage structure of your site. What are your target keywords? How competitive are they? Then proceed to building links for your site. Do tons of forum posting, article submission, social bookmarking, etc.

I would agree with all that was said above and remember that SEO is a Art not a Science.

Try focusing over the professional development phases and aspects of your website to make sure people would be enjoying their stays at your website because in that case the engines too would appreciate your efforts. Items like SE friendly web page design, the URLs and also the incoming links and their anchors are all important.

Target keywords, social network, article submission

For promoting your site in google, you need to work on both on-page and off-page activities. Along with that, keep you activities going as SEO is an on-going task and needs to be continued in order to maintain the position of your site in search engine ranking.

Appropriate and amount of useful keywords Article Submission, Blog Submission, Forum Posting, Blog Commenting

you must first know your target keyword..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.