Hello,

I develop a website in last week.
domain is new ... so i need to rank that in yahoo, msn, google.
I already submit to those...
even i have PR6 website develop before this.
so is it useful if i gave a ads in my PR6 site of new site.

this will work me to update ranking for SEO.
Regards
Bipin

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Linking to your new site from your old site should be helpful in helping to get your new site indexed. But unless they are on the same topic any links from the old website won't help the new website rank well. You'll need links from related sites to do that.

Getting a backlink from high PR site is always better but it should be from relevant site,
also check for the IP addresses of the site your are linking. If you have many site linking back to you from same IP address you may get ban from Google as it consider it as an spamming.

As they said you need to get exposure to this new site. If your PR6 website has relevant information to your new one it will be good to link from it. If it is completely different topic and not relevant at all then I wouldn't. Building links is a must even if you have to buy them on other relevant sites.

Try to get as many relevant links as possible to start with. Then submit to some major directories . If you have an articles, submit the same in major article site.

Actually the articles thing is dead. Now that Google has aggressively countered duplicate content they have no value.

Article posting is not yet dead friend. Still it has value. I am telling this based on my experience. Sites may not die, but the articles may die if it is not worth reading.

It may have worked in the past but if you've read Google blog you would see they have effectively put the stops on duplicate content and are working harder to improve their filtering of it. This strategy just isn't viable anymore.

Hi John,

Just tell me instead of distrubuting articles, if I keep the same in my site and do the baiting. If the article is informative and good u think, I will get links?.

Good articles will get you links. Once you publish them promote them. My authnet integration article has gotten me a lot of links and traffic.

Thanks John, any valuable tips you would like to give for relevant links, welcome.

Hey, go for link building but only trust related links and also google is giving less weightage to reciprocal linking therefore i would suggest 3- way linking, web directory submissions, article submissions etc.

I would suggest only the directory submissions of the three you recommended. Article submissions just don't work and will only get worse as Google keeps clamping down on duplicate content. Three way links rarely provide any quality links and offer no one who visits your site a reason to think it is worthwhile.

As always, get some high quality unique content on there. That always gets the most high quality links and makes the biggest difference.

Yeah thats right, I also admit it now !! Thanks for the advise MOD !!

Hi,

relevant links from are very much valuable for one's website, irrespective of their PR i strong believe in this i really do work on this process it works in my experience

thanks

Mere submitting to directories will not put a site on top. While I don't want to talk about MSN and Yahoo which mostly rely on ON-PAGE optimization --I can definitly say what Google bot loves.

First and formost --CONTENTS. Make you site rich with contents -with relevant keywords anchored in them. Then build free links through free directory submissions and article submissions. Also get some high PR backlinks to take care of PR for your site.

If you can do these things--your rank will jump like a belle!:lol:

Remember-- Content is the King and PR is the Queen for Google --whatever other SEs say.

Mere submitting to directories will not put a site on top. While I don't want to talk about MSN and Yahoo which mostly rely on ON-PAGE optimization --I can definitly say what Google bot loves.

First and formost --CONTENTS. Make you site rich with contents -with relevant keywords anchored in them. Then build free links through free directory submissions and article submissions. Also get some high PR backlinks to take care of PR for your site.

If you can do these things--your rank will jump like a belle!:lol:

Remember-- Content is the King and PR is the Queen for Google --whatever other SEs say.

Google does care about content but not in the manner you say. They don't look at a webpage and analyze it to determine how good the quality is. They can't do that. Not quite possible with today's technology. That's why they rely on off page factors like incoming links.

Incoming links are seen as a vote that the webpage being linked to is high quality. But not all votes are equal. Link exchanges are worthless because they are seen as a manipulation of their algorithm. Links from directories and article submissions are virtually worthless because directories have no real strength or weight to them. Links from unrelated websites are also worth very little because they are seen as not being authorities on the topic and thus they cannot accurately represent the quality of the page they are linking to.

The key is getting links from high quality related websites. Links from these sites are important because Google gives their weight a high value as they are seen as authorities on the subject and these sites only give links to other high quality sites. This means sites that get these links will have a huge advantage over crappy sites not worthy of these links.

So how do you get these links? With high quality unique content. Those sites don't link to garbage so if you want those links that are needed to rank well you have to earn it. That's how quality content indirectly affects your ranking in Google.

FYI, forget about PR. It is important but not in the way you say. Be conscious of it but don't go seeking PR by itself. You'll be wasting your time. If you have high quality content not only will you get PR but you'll get everything you need to rank well.

Always try to get the links from the realted sites than the high PR sites. Even though the high PR gets help you bit, the related sites talks sounds than this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.