Hello,

How could a site go from a PR 5 to a 3? :'( We are constantly updating the information and have been making efforts for improved SEO.

This morniing we are a 3, I know some will say that google PR is not as important as some other things, but still a shock to see a nice 5 go to a 3....if anyone has any ideas let me know! I can send you the site link if you want to look specifically.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

PR has nothing to do with updating information or SEO. It's all about the weight of incoming links. If your PR dropped then the weight of your incoming links dropped.

It's an uphill battle! How can you maintain links that you don't control? We just started working on a new site and this time I thnk we will spend more time on SEO in the beginning rather than trying to edit each page for SEO later down the line. We'll see how this site fares, in comparison to our Estreet site.

It's an uphill battle! How can you maintain links that you don't control?

You do your best to make your site attract them. Keep adding good content and promoting the site. The sites that have the good content outlast the sites that don't.

Well I do what I can. Updating content is very tome consuming but always worth it...someday, :)

Well I do what I can. Updating content is very tome consuming but always worth it...someday, :)

That's the spirit!

Go Estreetloans!

Create web content!

Having a blog will help you where you can add content regularly as you post new article you have a new title-meta tags for that post which could help you for getting traffic from those searches also keep building up link they are most important for PR.

According to Google " Content is King and Links are Queens "

Having a blog will help you where you can add content regularly as you post new article you have a new title-meta tags for that post which could help you for getting traffic from those searches also keep building up link they are most important for PR.

According to Google " Content is King and Links are Queens "

It doesn't have to be a blog. Any form of new content is a good thing as it keeps the site fresh and users,m and hopefully bots, coming back around.

And meta tags don't affect SEO any more.

It doesn't have to be a blog. Any form of new content is a good thing as it keeps the site fresh and users,m and hopefully bots, coming back around.

And meta tags don't affect SEO any more.

That's very true stymiee........
but i can't understand if meta tag is not useful them why daniweb too is using this tag :( " page source of this page have : this code --- <meta name="keywords" content="PR Drop!, programming forum, computer forum, programming help, computer help, tech support, technical support, web development, website promotion, internet marketing, seo" /> <meta name="description" content="PR Drop! Search Engine Optimization" /> "

Just imagine if you add new content regularly to your site then your site would be difficult to manage ( as therer would be thousands of pages which may make your visitor bored to search a page )
rather blog helps you to manage your content very well.....

Just an openion :)

Google had a recent PR rank update.

A lot of websites were affected. Some website PR rank went up and others down.

In this PR update Google changed some things in the algo ...

eg. the algo ignore spamming in forums and blogs.

This result in less links, because it ignore certain types of links. Because in the drop of links it can effect your PR rank.

Two of my websites went from PR 4 - PR3. I lost 1 rank.
My blogs went to PR0.

That's very true stymiee........
but i can't understand if meta tag is not useful them why daniweb too is using this tag :( " page source of this page have : this code --- <meta name="keywords" content="PR Drop!, programming forum, computer forum, programming help, computer help, tech support, technical support, web development, website promotion, internet marketing, seo" /> <meta name="description" content="PR Drop! Search Engine Optimization" /> "

Them not having SEO value and not having any value at all are two different things. Meta tags should almost always be used as they are easy to do and do serve some purposes. They just don't help websites rank in the SERPs anymore. :)

Them not having SEO value and not having any value at all are two different things. Meta tags should almost always be used as they are easy to do and do serve some purposes. They just don't help websites rank in the SERPs anymore. :)

just kidding stymiee ............
yeah, Meta don't play much role in SERP but still they do server some purpose.

Hello

I have two website and one was PR 3 and now its PR 5 But another one was PR 5 but now its PR 4 from recent PR update.
I never give emphasis to meta tags because I dont believe it could do help in SERPs,

For the second I have to do more SEO and just wait

Steve

two of my sites dropped also with PR in the previous PR update

I just had to go back to the drawing board and start again

That doesn't make sense. Since PR is just a numerical indicator of link popularity you shouldn't have had to change anything. If you wanted it to go back up all you have to do it get more/better links.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.