Google has added a new function to the Google Maps app. It is called 'What's Here' and it when you search on a specific location and right click the map the menu allows you to select What's Here and then shows you various business in the area. Does anyone think that this will have an effect on SEO efforts or results?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Google local business center
of course it will have effect, how muc or what effect I dunno,
but 3 of our locations get a lot of results from "what is near nscc" searches after we put them in google local business centers

Google local business center
of course it will have effect, how muc or what effect I dunno,
but 3 of our locations get a lot of results from "what is near nscc" searches after we put them in google local business centers

Based on your answer my curiosity is piqued. I have never worked towards results in an eventuality like this (standard SEO so far). How would you recommend someone approach this from an SEO point of view?

basically it will depend on the type of website...

if your website is looking for a local or specific geographical area ..then it will really helpful for you

Nice functionality added in Google Map's, this will helpful for the user to find in a specific area or location and a optimized website is easily visible in top results while searched.

I have read where putting your address in your title bar helps with local searches but I have also seen opposing viewpoints on that. I wonder if this would be a case where it would be helpful?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.