Many people suggest changing <h1> in blog posts to optimise this for search engines.

What would be the best tips according to you? :)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Many people suggest changing <h1> in blog posts to optimise this for search engines.

What would be the best tips according to you? :)

Hey Bruce welcome to Daniweb.

Everybody does this a little differently.

I rarely use the <h1> and when I do it is because it is an important heading; in which a primary keyphrase is generally located (along with other words to give the complete phrase meaning). I make sure that I have at least one <h2> on the same page and that the <h2> is below the <h1> in the HTML. This shows the search engine that there is structure to the way the content is organized. Usually I would want to add relevant content (related to the heading) immediately below a heading tag, but not always. This is also the natural way a document is expected to be layed out.

Sometimes I may want to use a heading tag as a caption for an image. I may even feel it is important enough to merit a <h1>. In these cases, it is usually wise to define the image in an image alt attribute and have some related paragraph content nearby.

Good Example:
<h1>Here's my important Keyphrase.</h1>
<p>relevant content to h1</p>
<h2>This Keyphrase is of secondary importance.</h2>
<p>relevant content to h2</p>

Bad Example:
<p>random content</p>
<h3>secondary keyphrase</h3>
<h1>secondary keyphrase</h1>
<p>random content</p>
<h6>primary keyphrase</h6>

Best SEO tips for blog optimization is quality content & regularly update on content.

well, you need to follow the proper HTML structure, H1 must comes before H2 etc ...

Right, h1 tag does have its values for keyword ranking purpose. You should have one h1 element on your page with your main targeted keyword for that certain page. :)

<h1> must me short and descriptive

I have doubt whether <h1> and alt (for image) texts are important from the point of view of SEO. It would be better, if someone clarifies in this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.