DaniWeb is a NoFollow forum. So I was thinking if it helps much on building back links or improving SERPs. Please share your experience;
Are you getting links indexed from here? Or it really is good for increase traffic? I do know that this forum has high PR (PR6).

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

DaniWeb is a NoFollow forum. So I was thinking if it helps much on building back links or improving SERPs. Please share your experience;
Are you getting links indexed from here? Or it really is good for increase traffic? I do know that this forum has high PR (PR6).

I guess you are referring to signature links.

Ya, they can help with traffic a bit, it is usually qualified traffic meaning the visitor is interested in visiting rather than forced or tricked into showing up.

Ya, things get indexed pretty swiftly here at Daniweb.

No, doesn't do much to improve PR. PR hasn't much significance in the today's SERP world anyway. The only value PR has is to Internet marketers. They use PR concepts to convince vulnerable web site owners that they do something uniquely special. "Look, my web site is a PR4! See how good I am at SEO? Can't rank webpages worth a shit but can sure pump up a little green bar."

Yes jennypitts This is true that only Dofollow links are useful for link building but for daniweb u have to get massive traffic. So there is a advantage of using daniweb.

There definitely is value in nofollow sites. I've helped out on Yahoo Answers and syndicated copies of that site (appearing on other portals) where the search engines don't index it, for sure.

But, if you look at the visitor data from those sources, where I'm helping people who are directly interested in the information I'm supplying - when they click through to the site, the average visitor time was over an hour, as opposed to a Search Engine derived visitor who scans for 2-4 minutes on average.

So it's true that you don't get 'link juice' benefit, but you do get relevant and targetted traffic, who travel all over the site.

I think nofollow has some drawbacks though - which is a whole other post. Older sites with higher PR and which are fully 'nofollow' means that you get a 'freeze' on new content. A lot of the sites at the top of the SERPS have PR and Domain Age on their side. When you click-through, they're often outmoded and very Web 1.0 in looks. There's a danger with nofollow PR 'sculpting' that although you get a spam-free web, you're also not seeing the best of what the web has to offer, because it's too new.

Although Google's market share is growing, Social Network sites are stealing a march on the engines, as to where web activity is concentrated and being 'new' is less of an issue. Especially with smartphone growth and that accessing the web through a handset has become the dominant channel since 2008.

even daniweb is a no follow sites, it helps to increase your traffics. No follow sites has no benefit to google but in other,there are benefit to search engines such as yahoo, bing, etc.

search engines do not count no follow still it can give you some targeted traffic.

It is undoubtedly helpful for traffic purpose for daniweb is such a hot forum. Nofollow backlinks would still be helpful for ranking on Yahoo and Bing but not for PR purpose, you know they are nofollowed.

Have a nice day,

I think So thats why i join and promoting my site from Daniweb help :)

Google will not consider nofollow links, but yahoo will consider nofollow as a back links. Also nofollow links have the capability of traffic driving.

Yahoo consider them as backlinks.

It is an incentive to take part in these forums, with the benefit of creating backlinks and occasionally getting some traffic from forum visitors. But the search engines (Google mainly) may not give any link juice for these links.

Google now gives some importance to no follow forums also as long as they have good PR and credibility.

Yes, I personally feel Nofollow links definitely help in getting considerable amount of traffic. If they dont support in giving backlinks or ranking in SERPs, they can definitely provide considerable amount of genuine visitors.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.