I have subscribed two months ago to Google AdWords and it seems to me that the service is trying to make money from my account by blocking my keywords for underperformance (this is charged with $5) not by providing clicks to my website. :(

Regards,
Claudiu

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Yes, this is simply how Google AdWords operates. Obviously google wants to keep the ads in its search result pages on target and links that searchers would be interested in and find useful. If your ads aren't being clicked on, google doesn't feel they are relevant and should be listed.

What you need to do is change your keywords or your ad write-up to be more relevant and entice people to click. What I do is create a new Ad Group for each and every of the 90+ forums on DaniWeb. i.e. I have a PHP ad group, a Security ad group, etc. Each ad group contains keywords specifically targeted to that group. And ads that are directly related to each ad group and click thru to the actual forum pages.

I have subscribed two months ago to Google AdWords and it seems to me that the service is trying to make money from my account by blocking my keywords for underperformance (this is charged with $5) not by providing clicks to my website. :(

Regards,
Claudiu

Hello Claudiu,

This happened to me as a first time user. I explained this to Google and they were very helpful and understanding.

They gave me a $50 credit - so it may be worth explaining that you're a novice user of their system and see if they at least remove the $5 charge.

Regards,
Mark
BusinessSeek.biz Business Directory
http://www.businessseek.biz

Oh really BizSeek? That's very interesting to know that they really are willing to go the extra mile to help you like that.

explain what you mean. i have been using adwords for 1 month and notice some as "excellent" and some as "at risk". are you saying they charge you for removing some keywords?

they only charge you when you get clicked on or when your account is underperforming they charge a $5 reactivation fee after the second one I think.

the excellent and at risk ratings went away a while ago.

Yes, this is simply how Google AdWords operates. Obviously google wants to keep the ads in its search result pages on target and links that searchers would be interested in and find useful. If your ads aren't being clicked on, google doesn't feel they are relevant and should be listed.

What you need to do is change your keywords or your ad write-up to be more relevant and entice people to click. What I do is create a new Ad Group for each and every of the 90+ forums on DaniWeb. i.e. I have a PHP ad group, a Security ad group, etc. Each ad group contains keywords specifically targeted to that group. And ads that are directly related to each ad group and click thru to the actual forum pages.

you really do seem to have all the answers. lol. this site has become my one-stop solution page.

The same thing happened to me...

Except it was a technical fault with Google, so they refunded my money!

As above, optimize your keywords and descriptions etc.

I have google adwords on a few sites, all dot com and dot net
I want to ad adsense on two dot ro domain name ( www.otr.ro and www.web-com.ro ). Is that an issue with google whatsoever ?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

HI my name is Jarrett I work for A company called Webxites in Houston TX,We are search engine marketing compay If you are needing help please contact me. I would like to have your buisness.
800-279-8009 EXT.3162
Jarrett

I have google adwords on a few sites, all dot com and dot net I want to ad adsense on two dot ro domain name ( www.otr.ro and www.web-com.ro ). Is that an issue with google whatsoever ?

Are you saying AdWords or Adsense here? I used the same account (One AdWords and one Adsense) for my three websites. No problem so far (> 12 mths).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.