Hi Guy's

Can anyone please help me.
I have a few wordpress blog sites and whenever I create a new post it displays the whole post on the homepage and not just a snippet like what I have seen on many other blogs.
Is there a way to just show a small portion of each post with a 'Read More' link to avoid duplicate content?

2 of my blogs have different themes and another 3 are just the standard theme that comes with the software.

I have looked through the wordpress documentation and on another couple of forums without any success.

Hope you Guy's can help me

Cheers

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by alfmyda

When you finish writing your blog post, select where you would like the excerpt to end - then click the "More" button.

When you finish writing your blog post, select where you would like the excerpt to end - then click the "More" button.

Absolutely right!I think this way he can get whatever he wants.

Thank you Jay, works a treat.

I went back to check this on my own blog but i found there "Excerpt" but its having a Box and i didn't find any "More" botton.

Can you please give little more details?

I went back to check this on my own blog but i found there "Excerpt" but its having a Box and i didn't find any "More" botton.

Can you please give little more details?

On my blogs it doesn't actually say 'more', it's the icon with 2 rectangles on it with a dotted line between them.
The icon can be found next to the spell check button.

Hope this helps

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.