Hi all......

How much important is bolding of keywords in the content part of the website.....does it improves rankings in search engines?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Dear I want to clear you search engine prefer user friendly content so if you are using bold italic and under line on important words then it will be easier to the user to understand the meaning of your post so Google gives preference to such type of content.

Bolding the selected keyword, helps the search engine spiders to easily determine the targeted keywords from other contents when they crawl the web page. So it is good to bold or strong tags on your targeted keywords.

Bolding a word has a very minute effect. I remember reading some results some time back from someone who did 100,000 tests to determine how html tags affected search engines and bold word fell into the lower end of effects.

I have analyzed performance of many sites and I have not noticed any significant effects in typesetting/format.

Hi,
I don't think bold keywords in content can help in SEO for search engine point of view although it's attract users very fast to read content sentence.

Hi all......

How much important is bolding of keywords in the content part of the website.....does it improves rankings in search engines?

Hi jiten, bolding a keyword doesn't help if your goal is optimizing a site. Except it is catchy to the eye. But in terms of SEO, there's nothing special. Hope this will help.

Thanks

Bolding a keywords is nearly useless, but still have some SEO value. As with headers, you better use it for the benefit of your human visitors. But do not put every 5th keyword in a bold text as it looks ugly while not giving any significant boost to your rankings anyway.

In my own experiences, bolding your targeted keywords using strong tag would be helpful for SEO purpose, especially such keywords appear at the very beginning of your page contents.

Have a nice day,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.