Hi,
I have seen this word many times while reading but I don't know the exact meaning of it.
What is keyword density and how it is important in SEO?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Member Avatar for Living-seo-life

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page.

I would say 5%-7% keyword density is ideal for SEO.
You can check your keyword density using "Keyword Density Tools"

Here is a free tool you can use

http://www.webconfs.com/keyword-density-checker.php

It is very important to have a ideal percentage of your keyword in the page because when we are doing SEO its all about "Keywords".

Hope This will help

Well nice information shared.. Great link.. Keyword density should be kept in mind so that to avoid keyword stuffing!

Max. 2% is recommended for SEO.

Member Avatar for Living-seo-life

Anteqven

Can you please source where you found 2% is max!

I have done more reading and research and I can say 3%-5% is the best.

keyword density means the saturation of the keyword in the content of your one page! The advisable quantity is 3-5%

it is measurement of time to open a webpage for a particular website

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. For me the ideal is 2%.

Keyword density refers to the keyword distribution of the page. You should be careful about it if you want a good result. We cannot put too many keywords at one place wishing it will give you good search engine result.

The keyword density help webmasters and SEOs to achieve their optimum keyword density for a set of key terms.Keyword density is important because search engines use this information to categorize a site's theme, and to determine which terms the site is relevant to.

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword appears in the web page compared to the total number of words on the page. In the context of search engine optimization keyword density can be used as a factor in determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase. 2% to 3% keyword density is good for seo

Keyword density, as far as how it relates to good SERPs, is a myth. A keyword / phrase only needs to be on a page once. You will not get penalized for putting a phrase on a page too many times. Except you'll get penalized by your customers if a page is written all spammy.

Keyword density means density of your keyword in article.
that means the ratio of
how many times you used key word in your article
how many word do you have in your article.

Say you use 5 times your keyword in your article.
Number of word in your article is 100.
Keyword density is 5/100 *100 =5%

5-7% is better for keyword density.

thanks

Keyword density is still per cent compared to the rest of the text in the keyword appears in content. In general, this metric is a fairly useless for SEO. I as a script it better than you would focus on other metrics do not bother building. You might find this reference useful.

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page.It should be 3-7% for major keyword and 2-5% for minor keyword.

Number of times keyword is used / Total word count on page = Keyword Density

Hi ellenwillss,
You've already been given fine definitions of what keyword density is all about, so I wouldn't repeat that again. I just want As with most things in life, balance is the key. You need to find the right balance of keywords compared to the amount of content on your page - too many and your site is likely to be considered spammy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.