Please share your knowlege about about page algorithm.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I think, google never share their PR algorithm. And also they periodically change.

One more thing, still no one know, how periodically google update PR of indexed sites.

PageRank is a scale in which Google measures the quality and quantity of incoming links pointing to your domain. It is an important factor in how you rank in the search results. Other factors affecting your ranking are the age of the domain, keyword density, etc.

Hi,

Personally, I think below 2 factors would be the essential for PR:
1. original niche relative contents update
2. dofollowed inbound links, especially from niche relative authority sources

all the best,

Well i agree with the above the formula of Page rank and SERP ranking but it has more then 200 factors.

There are many factors & conditions should passed when Google set the PageRank of any site, including Site age, content, alexa rank etc.

Better you can visit a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank

Google uses following algorithm to calculate the PR
PR(A)=1-d+d(PR(B)/L(B)+PR(C)/L(C)+......+PR(N)/L(N))
where d is called damping factor whose value is 0.85

i know what algorithm is bu never now the algorithm most SE used. that's why i always stick on ethical linkbuilding

Please search with Google page rank algorithm you will find the basic algo.I read 2 years ago. But i have doubt that google follow only that algo to provide PR. Because i have seen many pages without back link posses a good pr.

Hi,

Page Rank is the algorithm used by the Google search engine, it is based on the premise, prevalent in the world of academia, that the importance of a research paper can be judged by the number of citations the paper has from other research papers.

There are two ways in which PageRank can affect the position of your page on Google:

•The number of incoming links.
•The number of outgoing links on the page which points at your page.

It is just like a voting system, google count the every incoming link as a vote. maximum quality and natural links you have, the page rank of website will be increase.

PageRank is a link analysis algorithm, named after Larry Page, used by the Google Internet search engine that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set. ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.