A page I had been working on for my company's website was uploaded to the server, but i did not index it or submit it to any search engine. there are absolutely no links to this page....
but we have been getting calls from customers who found the page listed on page 2 of google search results.

How is this page showing up on google?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Bots. You dont need to Indexed it or Submit. In time, it will pick up on it.

Crawlers can crawl your website without any notification.

but for it to show up on page two? you'd think that if it were to show up it would be waayy at the bottom of the list? Idk.

but for it to show up on page two? you'd think that if it were to show up it would be waayy at the bottom of the list? Idk.

Maybe the Keywords/KeyPhrase you used does have a high competition??

If you don't want it to show up, add it to your robots.txt file or add the meta tag <meta name="robots" content="noindex" />

This happens all the time. I think that this could be for a report generated of the hosting company or the domains register about new websites.

It's possible the page was found because someone visited the page while using the Google Toolbar in their web browser. Google finds out about pages all sorts of ways.

Some time it will happen. how can i tell surely. this is same problem happen my sites also. or just check it your cached pages. may it will old updated page.

Thank you to all of you who responded! I took into consideration what you said, and did some more research and im happy with the answers. I appreciate it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.