Hello friends,
I am working on one of the website whose keywords were within 3 page of Google till last week when I started doing link building. But today when I checked the keyword positioning all the keywords were down and they were on the 6th and 7th page. I was really shocked to see this... please help me...I am building the relevant links and not doing over link building...
Waiting for your suggestion.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Hello friends,
I am working on one of the website whose keywords were within 3 page of Google till last week when I started doing link building. But today when I checked the keyword positioning all the keywords were down and they were on the 6th and 7th page. I was really shocked to see this... please help me...I am building the relevant links and not doing over link building...
Waiting for your suggestion.
Thanks

It is difficult to simply blame your link building frenzy on your ranking disaster but is likely the case.

ah .. the joys of link building. It's like marrying someone you don't know. Unless you analyze your linking partners (their status with the search engine) you'll run the risk of having bad linking neighbours. Remember that when you link to a page or visa versa you then begin a relationship with a new partner. How it goes for your webpage marriage varies depending on several factors (relevance, history etc.). It is always search engine manipulation when you perform link building so beware of the consequences for trying to cheat the search engine into believing that your web page has gained link popularity.

Concentrate on your on-site ranking influences and leave the off-site stuff determine itself naturally.

hello
i tell u which site you are working please check the pr rank it must be hirh if you are work on low pr than keyword rank also be low

Your site may have got penalized by Google for some reasons like not following Google's Webmasters Guidelines.

What type of links are you building. Are you using any spammy methods for link building. It could be you linked to some bad sites or maybe the Google update effected you. SEO is really strategic so the more you study the more you learn.

it may be due to the recent change in Google algorithm.

it is due to new google algo

one week of link building is not a good metric for checking improvement of rankings. you need to perform link building for a month to measure improvements on your keyword rankings.

Some search engines have slow crawling rate. For Google, you need a week or more to see some improvement. But that depends on what sites your backlinks are coming from. Go for high PR, high traffic sites since these sites are usually prioritized by Google spiders.

In my opinion, it's the effect of the Google Panda Update. According to Sistrix.com's data, some of the oldest and largest content farms suffered huge drops; sites such as wisegeek.com (-77%), ezinearticles.com (-90%), suite101.com (-94%) and hubpages.com (-87%) so better not to submit articles to this sites. Just continue to produce unique, interesting and relevant content and your site will surely begin to rank well again for the specific keywords and phrases. Just make sure that when you do Link Building, you do it naturally. Also, I suggest that you increase the number of your postings per week. Make it at least 2 posts per week.

Change some Contents,Perform some On-Page SEO and along with it also do some Competitor Analysis.

It may happen due to competition . I will recommend you to create baklinks from authority site to increase SERP

post article on high PR site and directory submission is the best for improve ranking

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.