The number of links added to the websites might not be that important for boosting the PR of the links recipients but the quality of the links are definitely of great importance. For example, assume ten links added from the homepages of some PR7 sites could be much more powerful than 4500 links from PR zero pages.

Try to get more backlinks with high pr. Of course don't forget to check the site wether it's a dofollow or not so that it can pass pr link juice.

High PR backlink are very valuable and it is helpful when relevant to your website.

This thread has really some hot discussion on pagerank. whether it plays a role or not in SERP rankings.

Now for me, it is definitely a one of the element to decide SERP rankings. Although i agree google Toolbar does not really show the true pagerank but it gives an idea on what your pagerank was at the last update.

If you are not doing anything blackhat or any unnatural things, then you should expect more pagerank with next update.

And of course "content is the king". You must have a good quality unique content to hit those high SERP rankings.

The number of links added to the websites might not be that important for boosting the PR of the links recipients but the quality of the links are definitely of great importance. For example, assume ten links added from the homepages of some PR7 sites could be much more powerful than 4500 links from PR zero pages.

perfectly stated.

I have a great site and it seems valuable to have a link on but it is still almost impossible to get a good link exchange or even a one way link...

I think you have to pay for the good ones.

Getting high PR 6 or more is very tough these days, but it can be done. It is a combination of writing unique contents and building quality links to the site. Quality is more important quantity in SEO. Do only ethical methods and avoid link farms.

The Google PageRank Explained Simply A common question amongst website owners is, “How is the Google PageRank assigned to my website?” The answer is not as maddening or mysterious as most people imagine. The Aim of the Google PageRank Google’s intention with its PageRank (PR) system is to objectively and accurately assess the importance of each of the billions of webpages in cyberspace that are all fiercely fighting with each other for top placement in Google’s search engine results.

You want PR6 or more, then I guess every piece of content on your website needs to be optimized.

Your content should be keyword driven without being overwhelmingly keyword stuffed. You should make sure that your content is well written, high quality, original and informative, and that it uses the right keywords in order to increase your page rank.

When you post new content regularly, Google will be much more likely to return time and time again in order to index your website and all of your new content.

Hey bro

I m agree with you..... i have also check some thing about it

High PR backlink are very valuable and it is helpful when relevant to your website.

DO u really believe that PR prediction tool??

Google changes it PR all the time!

its more than two months now my page rank still remains zero. please help me in improving my PR

Discussing Google PR is just like discuss is there any live on Mars.
There is nothing true actually

And to find out - look for this:
"website promotion articles by shulman"

the relevance between web pages is very important..

To get PR5 or more you've to get high quality backlinks from high PR sites especially from PR5+ sites.Be careful about giving links to other low PR sites because it'll ruin your PR.

Domain age is the biggest dealbreaker when it comes to pagerank. There is no solution other than to wait. You can bypass the agony of achieving the highest pagerank you can get by purchasing an aged domain, and add/update your new content.

as far as the relevance of pagerank--as of 2009-2010:

This may be an old article, but pagerank is still as relevant is it was a few years ago-- despite the new school of thought that pagerank doesn't mean diddly squat. Nothing could be further from the truth. Although achieving pagerank is no longer the yellow brick road to getting high volumes of traffic, it is still a great benchmark to determine for yourself what pages are worthy of linking to. This is important in acheiving a cohesive network of useful information.

This may be an old article, but pagerank is still as relevant is it was a few years ago-- despite the new school of thought that pagerank doesn't mean diddly squat. Nothing could be further from the truth. Although achieving pagerank is no longer the yellow brick road to getting high volumes of traffic, it is still a great benchmark to determine for yourself what pages are worthy of linking to. This is important in acheiving a cohesive network of useful information.

Is it really that great of a benchmark? Would you avoid linking to a relevant or useful page just because Google's little toolbar displays 'PR0?'

have you try to get link from dot edu blog? maybe you can improve with dot edu blog

Hello, I'm sure this topic has been discussed a countless number of times, however I have a website with pr 5 and I would like to get higher pagerank.

what can i do ?

Will posting my links in forums work at all? I visit a lot of forums so would this help at all?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Hello, I'm sure this topic has been discussed a countless number of times, however I have a website with pr 5 and I would like to get higher pagerank.

what can i do ?

Will posting my links in forums work at all? I visit a lot of forums so would this help at all?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Try not to focus so much on PageRank. It really holds no value in terms of how your website will appear in search results. Instead, focus on creating a useful and influential destination. Aim to enhance the content on your website and optimize it for the search engines. If you have a site worth using, the links (and coveted pagerank) will pretty much take care of themselves.

High PR is very good
But high PR is not everything
To our website, traffic and conversion rates is the most important

First get trust form google

Hello ,
I am not a coder or development , in this case i feel totaly lost.
We have some nice websites but we can not fill them up .
we pay by google ad and still have 50-80 visitors per day and page rank 2 can someone help us on this ??
mymistmail @ gmail dot com

Some factors affecting PageRank are:
-Anchor Text of a link
-Prominence of a link within a document
-Relevance between web pages
-Importance of the linking pages
-Age of linking pages
-Age of your domain
-----------------------------
thanks shimon
---------------------------

This thread has very good tips. Thanks for the info.

I have few medium traffic traffic sites which i have been running for about a year. I did lots of link building work by submitting to directories which are free of charge.

I did a check with future prediction of pagerank and tools like iwebtool shows i will be getting PR5 in the future. No matter how hard i try, the maximum attainable page rank seems to be PR5. My question is what exactly need to be done to push that page rank to PR6 or more...

Has any one done that before...

Directory submission is not important now. Unless you are submitting to an aughtority directory like DMOZ.
Google does not give too much importance to web directories nowadays.
I really suggest you can other link building methods like article submission and social bookmarking.

I am a beginner in this blog, please give directions of how to increase PageRank, I wait for the answer, thanks

PageRank is the power that the external post at some point in the past provided a direct measure of page brought. We know how often affect the strength of your post and how deep crawls your site. So, how deep Google PR Tool Bar to Googlebot crawl your site in the past was likely a direct measure of how well indexed so you most likely still are. It is nothing - I repeat * anything * - to do with the order.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.