Hi,
I have an online shopping website in which I have setup google's Conversion tracking mechanism at two places, namely, Signup Confirmation and in the Payment page. In the Signup Confirmation page, I wish to track the number of signups occurring as a result of google adwords. While in the payment page, I wish to track the amount of the order.

Accordingly, while generating the conversion tracking code for payment page, I have entered value for the (Advanced option: conversion value) field to be equal to the order value.
Can anyone please tell me how to retrieve this value in the Adwords report?

Also, can you advice me on the meaning of the various fields in the Adwords report like Transactions, Cost/Transaction, Total value, Sales Count, Sales Value, Sign-ups count convey?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I personally don't use conversion tracking but as far a report is concerned this is what Google says.

How do I download a report for my entire AdWords account?

Below is an example of how to run, then download, an overall account report; the process is similar for each report type.

Part 1: Create your report

To run a report for your entire account:

Click on the Reports tab.
Select Account reports.
View: Select a viewing option from the drop-down menu (summary data, or daily, monthly, quarterly, or yearly metrics).
Date range: Select the date range for your report.
Ad Distribution: Select the AdWords distribution network for your ads (the entire Google Network, the search network, or the content network).
Conversions: If you have activated conversion tracking, select whether you'd like to include your conversion statistics.
Report name: Enter a unique name for your report.
Scheduling: If you think you'd like to repeat the report later, select 'I want to run this report in the future.' Then choose a daily, weekly or monthly run schedule, or choose 'on demand (only when I request it)' to save the report to be run later manually from your Download Center.
Email: Check this box to receive an email notification for your newly created report (and all future reports from this same template). If you'd like to change the email address(es) associated with your notifications, update your email address list at the bottom of your Download Center.
Click Create report.
Part 2: Download your report

When your report is finished:
Click on the Reports tab.
Click Download Center.
Click the report you would like to view.
Select the format in which you'd like to download your report: .csv (for Excel), .csv, .tsv, or .xml.

Hi, I am actually looking for information on understanding the adwords report data. For instance , I want to know what is meant by terms like Total Value, Avg Value, Value/Cost, Value/Click, Sales count, Sales value, Sign-ups count and sign-ups value? I have implemented a Purchase conversion and in the conversion tracking code, I have entered value for the (Advanced option: conversion value) field to be equal to the order value.
Please advise.

Why don't you try calling them if you can't find what you need in their Help. Go to Google.com click About Google, then Contact Us and the numbers are there. They also have a toll free number but you'll have to call yourself to get it as I don't post telephone numbers.

Also, can you advice me on the meaning of the various fields in the Adwords report like Transactions, Cost/Transaction, Total value, Sales Count, Sales Value, Sign-ups count convey?

Hi chundottu,

Rather than leave a lengthy reply defining those terms, I will tell you where to find the answer. First, Log-on to your adwords account, Click on "Conversion Tracking" within the campaign management tab, and then click "Full conversion tracking FAQ", then click on "glossary."

You will find a comprehensive list of terms.
Hope this helps :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.