Hello, You had talked about doing a press release for it, But how easy/or difficult is it to do a press release?? Isn't it very difficult, and how would u even start?

Make sure your news must be "News", its also important to check the press release site should have good reader base and should get large views otherwise it will be wastage of your time and efforts.

Some factors affecting PageRank are:
-Anchor Text of a link
-Prominence of a link within a document
-Relevance between web pages
-Importance of the linking pages
-Age of linking pages
-Age of your domain

For example, you have no control over the age of your domain, or the what the other sites do to their webpages.

So, bottomline, the best the PageRank prediction software gets you, is at a PR6. That's not too shabby.

Hope this helps:-)

Shimon, your reply here might have made some sence, but truth is, I'm a novice when it comes to search engine optimisation. could you please do me some foundations so I'll be able to catch up with you guys atleast? Thanks in advance.

Some factors affecting PageRank are:
-Anchor Text of a link
-Prominence of a link within a document
-Relevance between web pages
-Importance of the linking pages
-Age of linking pages
-Age of your domain

For example, you have no control over the age of your domain, or the what the other sites do to their webpages.

So, bottomline, the best the PageRank prediction software gets you, is at a PR6. That's not too shabby.

Hope this helps:-)

hmm I think these factors are more about rankings, pagerank is mostly just a function of links and their pagerank, but pagerank itself is not as important as it's considered to be.
For example I have a few pr6 sites (www.postsimple.com is one of them), how I got them? just by getting pr7 sites to link to them, but it's not of a very big importance, it's the rankings you need to think about more :)

Here’s what Google says about PageRank.
"The heart of our software is the PageRank (™), a system for ranking web pages developed by our founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford University. And while we have dozens of engineers working to improve every aspect of Google on a daily basis, PageRank continues to provide the basis for all of our web search tools."

How can you be sure that the PageRank numbers on the Google tool bar are correct? Here are two important points to remember about PageRank.
* Two pages with the same PageRank shown on the toolbar may actually have a very different true PageRanks.

* It gets progressively harder to push a page to the next PageRank level on the toolbar.
Google has a PageRank of 10 as well as Adobe.com. Even though Adobe is an extremely popular web site, it is highly doubtful that they have as many links pointing to them as Google does.

Go figure.

yes that's all a common knowledge, pr has a comlicated formula, but it depends mostly on links.

I think it helps to have your site listed in Yahoo's directory. It's going to cost $300, but it's well worth it when you see how much natural traffic you'll pull on a daily basis by running a PR6 site.

My recommendation is content, content, content and then couple it with periodic press releases. This worked with some sites i had, getting one up to a PR 7 but it took a year. But if you update content, focus on link value, and then issue press releases and other immediate link building tactics, you sholud be ok.

That is my way as well. But it needs time. I hope can get one site to Pr 7 as well.

I got two pr7 links to two different sites (I just bought them, but you don't have to) and next update they were pr6 both so nothing complicated here.

But that's just the pr, things like press releases, articles, and all other links are more useful as they help to establish your domain in google as a trusted site and that will improve the rankings.

I agree with everything you mentioned, and would just add that, in regard to press releases -- expect to spend a little money ($30-$50) to get one of the "preferred packages." That, and make sure that you talk to the editor and make whatever changes they advise. Your objective should be to publish a press release that gets picked up by Google and Yahoo! If they don't, you may have to scrap that press release and start off with another one, because unless they get picked up by Google and Yahoo . . . your press release strategies may not result in an increase in PR.

Be on the safe side: Produce a quality piece (that doesn't sound like self-advertisement), pay the extra fee, and spend a few minutes with the editor on the phone.

In the textbox used to reply to these threads, it clearly asks "Please do not spam. No site-specific talk is permitted outside our Marketplace. Do not refer to your site by name nor link to it."

It seems to me that the previous reply does exactly that.

That aside, I'm sure their company is a fine one (besides the fact that several of their links either don't work or don't have anything behind them -- I just checked).

I focused on cost factors in my previous post. But, IMHO, in the end, and as much as costs matter -- it's less about costs and more about developing and encouraging caring, trust-worthy relationships (unless you don't mind a lot of re-work)!

Please understand, I'm not trying to make statements regarding the previous post, or about their company -- which I know nothing about. My point is simply that I can buy services. But, caring, trusting relationships are a quite different.

:cheesy:

is page rank really important i've a site around 20,000 unique per day ,Members: 105,191 ,but page rank still 1

I personally think PR is important is not for anything else it adds to the brand value of the website and passes as an authority website by google. We are currently a PR6 website and trying to reach PR7 i personally think the only way we can achieve this is by buying some good PR7-8 links.

I personally think PR is important is not for anything else it adds to the brand value of the website and passes as an authority website by google. We are currently a PR6 website and trying to reach PR7 i personally think the only way we can achieve this is by buying some good PR7-8 links.

Hi,

Yes, you are correct, PR is not a important factor. Don't try to increase your PR, instead you try to add relevant one-way links with good anchor text :)

If I understand pagerank correctly:
Keywords are on google already have a prcached list of results.
Pagerank ties in (not including the other factors) because recently cached results are closer to the top(compared to less recently cached). A higher page rank means that you are cached more often and are more likely to be at the top.
Popularity only improves page rank because more people would be likely to link to your page as well.

The links from valuable websites is of course a great thing for page rankings. But it is rather difficult to get such links.
I would like to offer other approach. First of all - unique content. There could be more than 500 hundrands words in one page and 3-4 percents are the keyword you want to rank good. Moreover it is useful to bold one of them. Next important thing is to add one (of course the more the better) page to your website per week. Of course with unique content again. Finally one two links (PR2 PR3 enaough) to your page.
After half a year you will have PR4/PR5.

I have one page with PR 4 and 7 links in it. I noticed that better pagerank had that inner pages those content was unique. The inner page with content of several words got PR1.

Makes sense to me! To para-phrase one of Google's founders;
"Every time you create a link,” Google founder Larry Page told the hushed audience, “you’ve created a citation. But if you just try to count citations on the Web, which is what a lot of search engines do, you run into problems.

" The important of a web site, particularly a web page, is based on the sum of all pages linking to it. That if Yahoo linked from their homepage to your homepage that’s a big deal."

I have a website and I got PR 6 after 2 years of hard work!
But in these days I've noticed it goes down again to 5! whyyyyyyy? :-(

Register your page to a lot of toplists. If your working hard your PR will be very hign. :)

Register your page to a lot of toplists. If your working hard your PR will be very hign. :)

That definitely won't help your PR.

Basically, i don't there's much difference between PR5 or PR 6.
If your site is only PR5.
BUT it's still getting increment in traffic in terms of page views & unique visitors.
And it's still increasing averaging every month.
That would be fine enough.
Don't think too much about the rest.. PR will be increased sooner or later.

As for both our sites.. we only had PR4.
But the traffic is increasing consistent every day or month.
That's a good sign.

Keep working on your site.
And take things easy..... Be happy :)

There's much more things to worry in life. ;)

There is a big difference between a PR5 and PR 6. You'd be amazed at how difficult most sites find getting to a PR 6.

There is a big difference between a PR5 and PR 6. You'd be amazed at how difficult most sites find getting to a PR 6.

That is very true, our site too have PR 6, we had worked hard for getting it (concentrated on getting relevent high PR backlink, updated content regularly and fallowed all SEO tacticts.

If you are so hell-bent (hehehe) on gaining PR5+ then few links from PR6 and above sites will take your PR higher provided that are relevant.

Also keep adding more content to your website and do a regular link campaign. you should see PR rise in 1-2 PR updates.

You mention in your article not to look for high PR links from the beginning. May I ask you why you say that? I could certainly understand that a brand new site with a PR7 link would look extremely unnatural ... but a bunch of PR5s? PR5 sites are usually willing to swap links with new sites as long as they are quality.

Note = I don't endorse blackhat seo. :)

for me iwebtool had show that it will be 5pagerank, but it decreased form 3 to 2 .....

When I first started getting backlinks they were all for the main url. Then I got a PR of 4. Now I am out there getting backlinks for internal pages, hoping this will make more pages get indexed and spidered.

I want the PR6 also!!

I don't worry about the PR of my site, but I do use it as a factor (one of many) to evaluate other websites.

Congratulations to your page rank.If you want to make it higher,why don't you try to build more quality backlinks.It will surely help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.