I know most of you will be surprised to read the title of this article. Actually this is what search engine optimization is all about. There are a few points which every search engine optimization engineer should remember. Going through this will not only get you a better SERP's ranking but also will increase your Google PR.

1. Submit to as many quality directories, article sites and Press Releases as possible like this site << url snipped >> . While doing so the most important factor to remember is that all these should have a unique content and anchor text. As this is what I am using for several years successfully and which I am promoting as "8 magical SEO Technique|submityourarticlesnow".

2. Many people do submit articles to various sites and think there job is over. But if you really want your article to make headlines, you should make it as unique as possible like the title above which is "8 magical SEO techniques!|submityourarticlesnow|". So now you know what this technique means.

3. Getting Linkbacks: Most SEO's think the more the linkbacks the better the PR and SERP's which is one of the most biggest rumours going around in the world of SEO.

4. Don't place common anchor text on hundred's and thousands of sites as these can be identified by Search engines as link spam or a Black hat technique.

5. Avoid Link Farms: Avoid sites which offer thousands of links instantly by placing a folder on your site. This is one of the worst methods of getting linkbacks. While submitting to directories, have a close look at the PR and the quality of the backlink.

6. Make use of all tags in your pages like title, description, keywords, header 1, header 2, alt of images by focusing on 10 main keywords for optimization.

7. Install a sitemap script for your website if it has thousands of pages and set a cron to update it daily if you wish search engine's to crawl your site regualarly. You can find many such scripts on the internet today.

8. The more your websites content is unique the more chances are that it will rank at the top. So place your website content with some unbelivable words like for example - thought provoking content.

So start Submitting your articles now!
:p

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Nice article. Thanks for posting.

hi,

what you have written is absolutely fine and it's required for every one to know. what experience i have search engines always look for fresh contents and give most value to it.

for better fresh content you should :

1) participate in article writing and submit it to article sites
why articles are prefferable:

articles are most loving to search engines as articles are knowledge based and contains the fresh conten.your article can give you maximum quality back link, which you can not get from article submission.

2) forum participation:

in case of forum participation search engines get the fresh content every day that helps you to get good pagerank for your site.

3) content:

content is the blood for search engines. unique conent helps you to get good page rank. you content should be modified in a particular point of time if not much then a littlebit will do. good content leads to a good page rank.

4) descriptions:

description of your webpage should be related to your content. your description should be descriptive. if you are able to describe your site buy using the words in content then it will be the cream upon bread.

5) keywords:

your keywords should be matching with title and descriptions. most valuable keywords should be within 100 characters with space.

cheers
rudradatta

As I hear very often: content and FRESH content is very important.
So maybe installing a script on each page of your site so that visitors can give opinions, could be a good idea. Your visitors will keep the content of each page fresh.

What do you think?
Someone has such a script?

Kind regards

Well i don't think its all Off page factors that promote your rankings, whether you can get the top position by analysing off page optimization for Msn and Yahoo, you would have to be 100% On page and Off page Hero to impress the big giant google..
Anyways thanks for the great article submission sites. :)

but thanks to this 8 magical SEO techniques that is a big help for me i know now how to optimize my website very well... thanks for the thread..

This article is actually really poor.

I guess I'll simply never be an expert... Considering all a guy needs to know :(

Thanks for posting a few of the best practices us SEO's use. Don't take to heart when people feel like stymiee don't take into consideration that rookies may frequent this site and could learn from even the most basic tips. So keep up the great work!

Along with your 8 Magical Techniques, you could include actually naming your images with the keywords as well (ie: eight-magical-01.jpg, seo-techniques-17.gif, etc). I've found that technique to be fairly effective.

On the subject of nomenclature, let's not forget to name our page with our keywords as well. IE: joesmoe.com/eight-magical-seo-techniques.com (think about the inurl:url searches). Keep in mind, everyone, that "-" is represents a space and "_" represents a connection between two words (for filenames). To limit this example phrase to the exact order of keywords, you'd use /eight_magical_seo_techniques.html (but why limit yourself?).

All the Best!

Thanks for posting a few of the best practices us SEO's use. Don't take to heart when people feel like stymiee don't take into consideration that rookies may frequent this site and could learn from even the most basic tips. So keep up the great work!

That's why it is poor. Rookies like you believe what they posted. Just because you're "new" doesn't mean you should believe everything you read. That's why their is so much misinformation out there about SEO.

What's worse is that this post was obviously designed to promote his website and you think they are giving great advice. Open your eyes, please.

I don't get it. One dude writes a bunch of crap and everybody and their brother from India gets signatures together and replies boasting about how wonderful and magnificent an article this is. Go figure.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.