First of all if anyone knows where I can go to ask a question about Google policies and get a legitimate answer please share with me ( where exactly … the URL). My question seems simple. I am planning to create a URL shortener service. Anyone can enter a search term and search modification (e.g. the language) and a URL of a sub domain will be created redirecting request to that Google search. Has anyone any idea if this is fine with Google or it might have bad impact on the main site?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,

I've had good success in the official Google Groups forums. You can of course also email support ad adsense-support@google.com, adwords-support, etc. If you have a Webmaster Tools account, you can contact them through there.

Unfortunately, I don't think that they will offer an answer to this particular question of yours. You'd most likely just get a form letter back with a link to their 1000 page terms of service.

What type of impact are you afraid of? Duplicate content?

I am not sure how they are working these days … and I am not sure that if I redirect searched to them they could punish the main site for that …. I am going to try it … it is an idea that deserves the trouble … (dani beautiful and helpful as always...thanks)

you have a Webmaster Tools account, you can contact them through there.

Unfortunately, I don't think that they will offer an answer to this particular question of yours. You'd most likely just get a form letter back with a link to their 1000 page terms of service

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.