My website site ranking was in the top ten. Suddenly Google has been Ignoring our Meta Description and Now Google is pulling meta description from my about us page content. After my website Ranking Dropped Dramatically . Can anyone help me with this problem. my website name is bismatrimony.com

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

This is not a technical "problem" that has a solution. By the sound of it, Google released an algorithm update aimed at doing a better job at ranking websites. One of the things that algorithm determined is that the description from your About Us page instead of your homepage, either because it's more descriptive, or Google thinks it does a better job illustrating the site. This is just Google understanding your site better, and understanding the hierarchy of your pages better, and understanding that your About Us page contains information about what your site is all about, and is probably the authority on what your site is about.

At the same time, the algorithm update has determined your site doesn't deserve to rank as highly, probably for reasons completely, completely unrelated to meta tags or descriptions. It probably began to understand your site better, and, in doing so, determined the quality is not as high as other sites, etc.

I would recommend that you carefully study and review the sites that are now in the top 10 and replaced your site, and see what they're doing that might be more intuitive to users, more helpful to users, more beneficial to users, and try to imagine why they might be ranking higher than your own site.

The title tag and meta description are just ideas for what search engines should show up in their results. Google is more likely to utilise the tag as is if they can find the corresponding copy in your description. It's also a useful exercise — determining your primary goal keywords and naturally targeting them in your META description (rather than making it a list of keywords) will help you focus your entire on-page SEO efforts.

commented: Google is starting to play with the titles and descriptions - like they have done in the past. https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-is-rewriting +4

Yes Google has had a tendency of using their own ideas for descriptions - they have just started doing the same with title tags. The Titkle tags seem to have an affinity with the H1 tag so can be manipulated back to a degree. Descriptions are tougher

commented: Yes, I agree with you. +0

Google is not bound to folllow Metadata or even Robots. Its just a Recommendation to configure your website in a way which usually has worked for every one.

Search Algorithms are becoming intelligent everyday and context aware, you can see this in terms of how results are displayed are much more meaningful that past few years.

The Search Rankings are totally unrelated to this and you need to take a look at the other possible reasons, including usefulness of your content and freshness in comparision to your competitors.

Why Google Sometimes Ignores Your Titles and Descriptions. ... The title tag and meta description are merely suggestions for what the search engines should display in the results. Google and Bing and other search engines are under no obligation to display exactly what you want them to display.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.